14th January 2017, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

How to join Indian foreign services after class 12th?

Hello Sir, my name is Uzair and presently I am a 12th class student. I am very much interested in Indian foreign service. How should I apply to become one? What should I do after 12th?

14th January 2017, 04:49 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Indian foreign services after class 12th?

Indian Foreign Services comes under Civil Services examination. Civil Services examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year. The requirements for Civil Services examination is:

>>Minimum academic qualification of bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for exam.

>>Minimum age limit is 21 years.

You can not apply for Civil Services examination after 12th. You should pursue bachelor's degree and in final year of it, you will become eligible to apply for Civil Services examination.
14th January 2017, 05:34 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

For appearing in Civil Service examination the minimum required qualification is bachelor degree in any discipline.

So, you will be not eligible for recruitment as an Foreign service before bachelor degree qualification which is compulsory to appear for examination.

Candidates have to qualify in all three stages of Civil Service examination ( Preliminary, Mains and Interview) stages for final selection. So, you have to pursue bachelor degree in any discipline after 12th.

The age limit for appearing in examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.
14th January 2017, 05:41 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To join the Foreign service you have to qualify in all three stages of the Civil Service examination which is conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline and age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you have to pursue bachelor degree after 12th to appear for examination. The application form for examination is available online.
14th January 2017, 07:54 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Indian Foreign Service is also known as IFS.UPSC every year condut the Civil service exam for various posts and one of them is IFS.To apply for this you must complete your graduation from a valid university in any faculty and age must be between 21 years to 32 years.Since you are in class 12th cannot apply.So complete your graduation to apply.
14th January 2017, 08:12 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Recruitment to Indian Foreign Services is done through Civil Services examination.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination:

1. Graduates or final year graduation candidates are eligible for this examination.

2. Age should be between 21-32 years.

Stages of examination:

Preliminary examination.

Main examination.

Interview.

You can not apply for this examination after 12th.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?