31st December 2016, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for bank and government jobs after my B.Com general graduation from Calcutta university?

I am studying B.Com general from Calcutta university. Can I appear for bank and government jobs after completing my graduation. What percentage is required for these exams?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I appear for bank and government jobs after my B.Com general graduation from Calcutta university?
  2. How to apply for any bank exam after completing graduation from Calcutta University
  3. Can I study MCA from IGNOU? I am a B.Com commerce general student from Calcutta University
  4. Can I get admission to study LLB in Calcutta University being a General graduate?
  5. What is the maximum time limit available for doing B.Com graduation under Calcutta University?
  6. Scope after graduation from Calcutta University?
  7. Possibility to study M.A.(English) for B.A.(General) student of Calcutta University?
  8. Graduation based exam in government sector after graduation from EIILM University? B.Ed eligibility after graduation from it?
  9. Is it mandatory to have post graduation done before applying for Government bank jobs?
  10. What should I do after 12th commerce to get the banking job? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Can I study MCA from IGNOU with low marks in graduation
  12. B.Com 3rd year Accounts question paper of Calcutta University?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for Government Bank jobs after scoring below 60% marks in Graduation? -- [New]
  14. What kind of jobs I can opt after completion of graduation in Banking and Insurance?
  15. Jobs in banking sector after doing Economics honours?
  16. Can I do graduation twice from two different university with the gap of 6 years between them?
  17. Am I eligible to get admission for LLB in Calcutta University after completion of graduation in political science with 59% marks?
  18. Am I eligible for MSc in geo informatics after completing graduation from Calcutta University
31st December 2016, 08:32 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for bank and government jobs after my B.Com general graduation from Calcutta university?

Banking entrance examination eligibility criteria is:

1. Graduation in any stream from a recognized university. You just need to have passing percentage of marks in bachelor's degree to apply for bank entrance exams or any other government job exams.

2. You can apply for IBPS Clerk and PO examination. Other government job examination include SSC Combined Graduate level examination, CDS exam etc. You can apply for all these exams after Bachelor of Commerce general from Calcutta University.
31st December 2016, 09:29 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for bank and government jobs after my B.Com general graduation from Calcutta university?

Yes, you can appear for entrance examination and after qualifying in it eligible for recruitment in banking and government jobs.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit varies with different examination.

Candidates requires minimum passing aggregate.

So, you can prepare for examination for which ever you want to appear. Some of examination are IBPS, SBI, Railway etc.
1st January 2017, 01:43 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying B.Com general from Calcutta university. Can I appear for bank and government jobs after completing my graduation. What percentage is required for these exams?
After completion of B.Com degree, you are eligible for Bank exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI clerk exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 28 years.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.

You can also apply for Civil Service exam, Staff Selection Exam, Railway exam.
1st January 2017, 07:29 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can definitely appear for bank and government jobs after completing B.Com from Calcutta University. The degree from Calcutta University is valid for all government and private jobs. You should have completed B.Com with minimum 50% marks and make sure your age does not exceeds 30 years of age, because it is the maximum age for most of the government examinations. However, reserved category candidates will get age relaxation. So, nothing to worry about you can definitely appear for all bank and government jobs.
2nd January 2017, 12:15 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for bank and government jobs after Bachelor of commerce general from Calcutta University. For government job entrance exams, passing percentage marks in bachelor's degree is required. If you have passed bachelor's degree without any existing backlog then you can apply for following exams:

>>Banking exams like Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection Common Written exam for Clerk and Probationary officer for more than twenty Public Sector banks.

>>Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate level exam.

>>UPSC exams like Civil Services and Combined Defence Services exam.

>>State Public Service Commission exam.

>>Intelligence Bureau ACIO exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?