22nd January 2014, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in Indian Statistical Service exam with M.Sc degree of Open university?

I have taken my m.sc(statistics) from karnataka state open university. Can i elegable for indian statistical service exam?

11th March 2014, 06:03 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I appear in Indian Statistical Service exam with M.Sc degree of Open university?

Yes you are eligible,As you have completed your post graduation M.Sc from Karnataka State University you are of course eligible to appear for the Indian Statistical service examination.Because Karnataka State University is university which is approved by the UGC(University Grants Commission).So you can absolutely apply for the UPSC examinations.Indian Statistical Service examinations are conducted by the Union Public Service commission.

For this to be eligible you must have a minimum of post graduation from recognized university as your karnataka state university is recognized one you no need to worry.You must have qualified your Post graduation from any one of the following streams surely.The streams are such as Mathematical statistics/statistics/applied statistics by the university incorporated by the central or state legislature in India.The minimum age you must have attained is 21 years and your maximum age must not exceed more than 30 years.

Generally the notification of the examination will be announced in the month of “June” and of course after few months the examination will be conducted.So the conduct of the examination would be held in the month of “November”.Final year candidates who pursuing their masters in the above streams are also eligible for the examination.For Indian Statistical service General English(100M),General studies(100M),Statistics-I(200M),Statistics-II(200M),Statistics-III(200M) and Statistics-IV(200M)and Personal Interview of (200M).
10th July 2021, 05:58 PM
Singhskomal

Default Re: Can I appear in Indian Statistical Service exam with M.Sc degree of Open university?

You are eligible for Indian statistics service ( ISS)
Civil service examination conducted by UPSC once a year.
You must be Bachelor's degree with statistics/ mathematics.
Master's degree in statistics/ mathematics from recognised University.
Age limit-: 21 years to 30 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?