22nd January 2014, 11:45 PM
Posts: n/a

Which P course to pursue for Indian Economic Service? How being CA or CS can help?

Hi!I am in final stage of Chartered Accountancy and company secretary course but want to appear for Indian Economic Service in future.So,kindly guide me which PG course should I pursue in Economics to be eligible for above exam and how can the qualification of CA/CS help me in above field.
Moreover, CA is recognised as equivalent to PG degree to pursue Phd. course directly and therefore is it possible to appear in above exam after becoming CA but without PG in economics?
Kindly resolve this issue ...

10th March 2014, 07:42 PM
Senior Member+++
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,645
Default Re: Which P course to pursue for Indian Economic Service? How being CA or CS can help?

No,You are not eligible to appear for the Indian Economic Service(IES) examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.As you are with the C.A(Chartered Accountancy) qualification you are not eligible to appear for the examination.Even the candidates from Masters degree in various subjects are also not eligible for the examination.

Because the candidates who are planning to apply for the I.E.S(Indian Economic Service) examination the minimum qualification is Post Graduation from a recognized university.So Only candidates with Economics back ground are eligible to appear for the examination.

You need to do your post graduation in economics,as you are willing to apply for IES examination I request you do your masters degree having with any one of the following background streams.
→ Applied Economics
→ Business Economics
→ Econometric
→ Economics

Because even if you observe the pattern of the examination you will find the subjects having Economics as their own part.So other background candidates can not crack this examination.So you better to do your masters degree in any one of the above streams.So that immediately you can apply for the IES (Indian Economic Services examination.And soon after completion of the Written conducted for 1000 Marks you will be then going for the Personal Interview of 200 Marks.So kindly do your masters in any one of the above backgrounds to be eligible.
10th July 2021, 06:10 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 560
Default Re: Which P course to pursue for Indian Economic Service? How being CA or CS can help?

Indian economic services ( IES ) Civil services examination conducted by UPSC once a year.
You must have postgraduate degree in economics/ business economics/econometrics from recognised or foreign university approved by the Central government of India.
Age limit : 21 years to 30 years.
CA AND CS are not eligible for IES.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.0
Please also check: