6th February 2014, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

What is the age criteria for UPSC?

My dob is september 23 1992 am i eligible for upsc 2014 , 21 must be completed or to be running..

7th February 2014, 05:46 AM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the age criteria for UPSC?

You have not mentioned which exam going to be apply. UPSC is not examination and it is central authorized agency to conducts various examination in calendar year. The Examination are :-

-->> Civil Service Examination
-->> Engineering Service Examination
-->> Combined Defence Service Examination
-->> National Defence Academy Examination
-->> Special Class Railway Apprentice
-->> Combined Medical Service Examination
-->> Indian Economical Service/Indian Statistical Service
-->> Indian Forest Service Examination
-->> Geologist Examination
-->> Central Police Force Examination..etc.

Based on the examination, the age limits has been framed so it will be changed when you apply for the examination. So whenever ask query you have to mention which exam details you need to apply. Don't worry i will try to provide the detail of these examination.

Civil Service Exam :- Degree course and age should between 21-30 years. Relaxation is applicable as per Government Norms.

Engineering Service Exam :- Engineering Degree course and age should between 21-30 years. Relaxation is applicable as per Government Norms.

Combined Defence Service Exam :- Degree course and age should between 19-25 years. No Relaxation is applicable.

National Defence Service Exam :- Higher Secondary School(12th exam) and age should between 16.5 -19 years.

Forest Service Examination :- Degree course and age should between 21-30 years. Relaxation is applicable as per Government Norms.

IES/ISS :- Post Graduate degree with desire qualification and age should between 21-30 years. Relaxation is applicable for reserved categories.

Central Police Force Examination :- Degree course and age should between 21-30 years. Relaxation is applicable as per Government Norms.
7th February 2014, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

I am 50 years of age woman. Kindly tell me which govt. is suitable for me. I am MCA and Ph.D. with 15 years of teaching experience of teaching UG and PG courses of Co computer Sc.
8th February 2014, 02:20 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission Exam. Every year UPSC is going to conduct number of Entrance Exams to recruit the candidates into various public services.

Some of the popular UPSC Exams will be
NDA Exam
Civil Services Exam
IFS Exam
SCRA Exam
CDS Exam etc.

The eligibility criteria to apply for these exams will be different from one Entrance Exam to other Entrance Exam.

As per your date of birth, you have completed 21 years of age by 23rd September,2013.

In such a case, you are eligible to apply for the following Entrance Exams
Civil Services Exam through which you can join any of the following civil services
Indian Administrative Service
Indian Police Service
Indian Foreign Service etc.

By cracking CDS Exam, you can join the following defence services
Indian Military Academy
Indian Naval Academy
Indian Air Force Academy

By cracking IES Exam, you can join the following Engineering services
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering etc.

Opt for the Entrance Exam as per your interest and crack it successfully.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?