6th January 2017, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for air force being a B.Com graduate from Jammu University?

Hello Sir/Madam, please tell me, I can apply for air force? I have passed my B.Com from Jammu university. I scored 49% marks pursuing and doing M.Com, NCC cadet in B and C certificate. I got A grade and I have done DCA and am also a national medallist in boxing.

6th January 2017, 10:02 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for air force being a B.Com graduate from Jammu University?

No, you are not eligible to apply for Air Force being a B.Com graduate from Jammu University. To be eligible to join Air Force, you need to appear in CDS examination by satisfying the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You should be a citizen of India.

2. You should have passed Bachelor's degree or an equivalent examination from a recognised university with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.

3. You should be within 19-24 years of age.

4. You should be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification.
6th January 2017, 10:02 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for air force being a B.Com graduate from Jammu University?

Being a B.Com degree holder the only option for you is in the Ground Duty of Indian Air force fas for flying duty you need to be a Science stream streamALso for the same you will need to qualify AFCAT.

AFCAT stands for Air force Common Admission Test and to appear in the same examination for joining ground duty you need to have the qualifications given here under :-

* You must be an Indian citizen.

* Your age must lie within 20 years to 26 years.

* You must be graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.

* You must satisfy the physical requirement norm as specified in the notification of same examination.

For further details about the entries in Indian Air force you can log on to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
6th January 2017, 11:40 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/Madam, please tell me, I can apply for air force? I have passed my B.Com from Jammu university. I scored 49% marks pursuing and doing M.Com, NCC cadet in B and C certificate. I got A grade and I have done DCA and am also a national medallist in boxing.
Sorry, that you are not eligible for Air Force wing after completing B.Com. Only science stream with Physics and Mathematics subject students are eligible to apply for Air Force wing. Being a B.Com student you are eligible to apply for Indian Army or Office Training wing through CDS exam conducted by the UPSC.
8th January 2017, 08:05 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, B.Com candidates are not eligible for Indian Air Force exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian Air Force Academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized University.

Age Criteria:-

Air Force Academy: - 19 too 23 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?