5th November 2016, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IAS exam after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication?

Respected Sir, I am a student of B.Tech in Electronics and Communication and I want to become an IAS officer. I want to know am I eligible to apply for IAS exam after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for IAS after completing B.Tech in electronics and communication engineering
  2. Can I apply for IAS after completing B.Tech in electronics and communication engineering
  3. What all government exams I can apply for after completion of B.Tech electronics and communication?
  4. How to prepare for IAS exam after doing B.Tech from electronics and communication
  5. How can I apply to study B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering after completing Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering?
  6. Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exam after completing Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering? -- [New]
  7. How to do PG in Automotive Electronics after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication?
  8. Which subjects should I prefer for IAS exam preparation? I have completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication
  9. What is the criteria to apply for job after electronics and communication
  10. How to get CDC after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication
  11. Which government job is best suitable after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  12. Examination pattern and procedure to apply for IAS/KAS exam -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Should I prepare for IAS or IES exam after passing electronics and communication engineering?
  14. Can I apply for Indian Air Force after completing diploma in electronics and communication
  15. Is it possible to do interior designing after completing my B.Tech in electronics and communication engineering?
  16. How to do interior designing after completing B.Tech in electronics and communication engineering?
  17. How to prepare for IAS? I am pursuing BE with ECE stream. What can I do to crack IAS exam?
  18. What steps should I follow to join BSNL after completing B.Tech degree in Electronics and Communication? When are the upcoming exams for the same?
6th November 2016, 06:55 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS exam after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and to be an IAS officer one has to qualify Civil Services examination.

--> Civil Services examination are held by UPSC ( Union Public Service Commission ) once every year in three stages which includes Preliminary Test, Mains and Personal Interview respectively.

--> The minimum qualification which you must have for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years in case you belong to general category. Further age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

So having completed B.Tech ( Bachelor of Technology ) degree course you are eligible for the same examination on the educational requirement prospective.

For further details regarding the same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
6th November 2016, 08:05 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS exam after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS examination after completion of your B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering from a recognised university. Eligibility criteria required to apply for IAS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You should have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-32 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

Selection Process :-
1. Preliminary Examination
2. Mains Examination
3. Personal Interview
6th November 2016, 08:13 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IAS is Indian Administrative Services and it comes under Civil Services examination. The eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination is:

>>Candidates who have done bachelor's degree in any discipline are eligible to apply for Civil Services examination. Electronics and Communication engineering candidates are also eligible to apply for Civil Services examination.

>>The minimum age limit is 21 years and upper age limit for general candidate is 32 years. Three years upper age relaxation to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.

There are six attempts for General candidate, nine for OBC candidate and no limit for SC/ST candidates till upper age limit.
6th November 2016, 09:52 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, any candidate who have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university are eligible to appear for Civil Services examination.

So, you are eligible to appear for Civil Services examination and after qualifying in entrance examination eligible for final selection for job.

The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview. The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years.

So, you can appear for examination after bachelor in technology from a recognised university. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
6th November 2016, 10:12 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after completion of B.Tech degree you become eligible to appear for Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation of three year and five year in upper age limit for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages as :-

Preliminary.

Mains.

Interview.

So, candidates have to qualify in all stages of examination for final selection as an I.A.S Officer.
7th November 2016, 09:33 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am a student of B.Tech in Electronics and Communication and I want to become an IAS officer. I want to know am I eligible to apply for IAS exam after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication?
After completion of B.Tech degree, you can apply for IAS exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Final year candidates are eligible for IAS exam

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?