4th November 2016, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

Is physical fitness mandatory for IAS? What is the minimum physical eligbility criteria to apply for IAS?

I have short sight problem am I eligible to attend IAS examinations or not.
What is the physical eligibility for IAS? Can you please provide me the information the same? It will be really helpful if you can guide me on this. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Information about IAS eligibility criteria?
  2. How can I become an IAS officer? What is the qualification and physical criteria required to apply for IAS exam?
  3. What is the minimum height required to become an IAS Officer? Are there any other Physical criteria required?
  4. What is the physical medical criteria followed for applying UPSC IAS?
  5. Physical Requirements for IAS Entrance?
  6. Physical fitness requirements, starting salary and duration of IAS Officer training for 2nd PUC student?
  7. What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?
  8. What is the Physical criteria required for IAS post?
  9. What are the physical fitness requirements for ias/indian forest service? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. What is the eligibility criteria required to become an IAS Officer? Are there any Physical criteria required?
  11. What is the physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?
  12. What is the minimum eligibility criteria required for graduation to become an IAS officer?
  13. What is the criteria for glass user in Rajasthan Sub Inspector post? Eligibility criteria and physical fitness required for it?
  14. Am I eligible for UPSC after completing Aircraft maintenance engineering
  15. What are the physical requirements for IAS exams? Can I appear for IAS exam if my height is below 160 cm?
  16. What is the minimum eligbility criteria required for doing Ph.D? -- [New]
  17. After 2nd PUC how long does it takes to become an IAS Officer? Starting salary and minimum required physical standard?
  18. Eligibility criteria and physical fitness to apply for Indian Army Clerk job?
7th November 2016, 09:38 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is physical fitness mandatory for IAS? What is the minimum physical eligbility criteria to apply for IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have short sight problem am I eligible to attend IAS examinations or not.
What is the physical eligibility for IAS? Can you please provide me the information the same? It will be really helpful if you can guide me on this. Thanks!
IAS post doesn't require any physical criteria.

IPS post have some physical criteria.

Physical fitness criteria for IPS exam:-

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST :

Male:160 cm and female :145 cm

Chest

Male candidates-84 (+ 5cm).

Female candidates-79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight

For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?