19th February 2012, 07:30 PM
tamaka

Which subjects should I prefer for IAS exam preparation? I have completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication

my name is rishi thakur and i have completed my b.tech in electronics and communication,could u please suggest me which subjects should i prefer for IAS exam preparation.

Related Questions:
  1. Which subjects can I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in Electronics and Communication? Will the public administrator and history subjects are good for me?
  2. How to prepare for IAS exam after doing B.Tech from electronics and communication
  3. How to prepare for IAS? I am studying B.Tech 2nd year
  4. How to prepare for CAT Exam from the joining of B.Tech? Which books should I prefer?
  5. What all government exams I can apply for after completion of B.Tech electronics and communication? -- [New]
  6. How to do PG in Automotive Electronics after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication?
  7. Books which I should prefer for general studies and optional subjects like Indian history and Public administration for preparation of IAS
  8. Can I apply for IAS after completing B.Tech in electronics and communication engineering
  9. Can I apply for IAS after completing B.Tech in electronics and communication engineering
  10. My life goal ias
  11. List of universities in Germany for MSc after completing electronics and communication?
  12. Best books for preparation for IAS for B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering student?
  13. How to start preparation for IAS exam while pursuing CSE?
  14. How to join IAS exam after passing B.Tech? Which subjects should I choose as optional subject?
  15. Optional subjects in the IAS preliminary exam -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How to get CDC after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication
  17. How to clear GPSC after completing B.E Electronics and Communication? Which are the main subjects?
  18. What should I do after completing B.E electronics and communication
20th February 2012, 09:05 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects should I prefer for IAS exam preparation? I have completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. In order to be placed in IAS, one has to crack civil services examination. This Exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

The complete selection procedure to be placed in IAS is by
-Civil Services Aptitude Test
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

The minimum academic qualification with which a candidate can join this course is by completion of Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation are also eligible to appear for this exam but they should be able to show the proof of passing in Graduation when they appear for Interview.

One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to take up this exam. Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

One has to select the optional subjects for civil services main examination. As you are a candidate from ECE stream, you might be some knowledge related to Electronics.

You can opt for Electrical Engineering as one of the optional subject. But do this only when you have good subject knowledge related to Electronics otherwise it will become trobule for you.

With regard to other optional subject, you can opt for Mathematics or Psychology or Public Administration etc.

So, I suggest you to just go through the syllabus of the subjects which you are interested and compare the syllabus with your grip on that particular subject and ultimately choose the subjects which you are very much interested and where your stregths (knowledge) are being fully utilized.

For updated information on this exam, you can visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
20th February 2012, 09:57 AM
ankitkrmishra

Default Re: Which subjects should I prefer for IAS exam preparation? I have completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication

The optional subjects for IAS exam is:
General Studies
Essay
English Qualifying
Indian Languages
Mathematics
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
Indian History
Law
Management
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology
Anthropology
Arabic
Assamese
Bengali
Bodo
Chinese
Dogri
English
French
German
Gujarati
Hindi
Kannada
Kashmiri
Konkani
Maithili
Malayalam
Manipuri
Marathi
Nepali
Oriya
Pali
Persian
Punjabi
Russian
Sanskrit
Santali
Sindhi
Tamil
Telugu
Urdu.

As you describe that you done your b.tech with ECE so you can choose your subject as Electrical engineering as your stream.
20th February 2012, 12:01 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaka View Post
my name is rishi thakur and i have completed my b.tech in electronics and communication,could u please suggest me which subjects should i prefer for IAS exam preparation.

You have completed B-TECH degree from ECE background So you are applicable for IAS exam.

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year through Civil Service Exam.So you must attend in CSAT exam.

Those candidate have completed graduation degree or final year of graduation degree from recognized board are applicable for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. for OBC candidate it is 7 times and for general candidate it is 5 times.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

You can choose the Optional and Main subject as your strength.

OPTIONAL SUBJECT FOR CSAT EXAM

MAINS SUBJECT FOR CSAT EXAM

For On-line application click on the link www.upsconline.nic.in

For more details about IAS exam click on the link www.upsc.gov.in

20th February 2012, 12:13 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaka View Post
HI!
You can any optional subject you want because that it will be easy for you during preparation..

List of optional subject:-
Agriculture
Management
Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
Mathematics
Anthropology
Mechanical Engineering
Botany
Medical Science
Chemistry
Philosophy
Civil Engineering
Physics
Commerce & Accountancy
Political Science & International Relations
Economics
Psychology
Electrical Engineering
Public Administration
Geography
Sociology
Geology
Statistics
Indian History
Zoology
Law

GOOD LUCK!
20th February 2012, 03:21 PM
priyanka_22

Dear ,

In my opinion as being CSE Engineer and appeared in the following Exam you must take Maths , but let me tell you it is not so easy to deal with but since we have done with Engineering it is not complicated for us to attempt .

Think on it , still there are a lot many subjects to opt in but you must have good knowledge of there basics.

Best Regards
20th February 2012, 05:50 PM
rvidyasagar

If you go through the full notification of Civil Services Exam, you will note that there is an array of about 25 subjects, spanning the entire academic spectrum as optional subjects. Detailed syllabus for all these subjects is also given.

Since Electrical Engineering is a close match for ECE, you may like to take this as one of your optionals. For the other, please go through the entire lot, syllabus, and also the previous three years' question papers available on the UPSC website and then make an appropriate selection. Your selection should be such that you do not have any difficulty in preparation and you are in a position to score better.

All the best.
21st February 2012, 05:39 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You have done B.tech course in ECE stream, and now you are going for IAS exam..
Then my friend to become IAS officer you have to crack following three steps:---------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.Civil service aptitude test(CSAT)-------->> After fulfill the eligibility criteria you have to appear in CSAT exam.. This is a preliminary exam, after qualifying in this exam you will be able to go for main exam..

2.MAIN EXAM:-------->> After clearing the CSAT exam you have to go through the main exam..If you able to crack the main exam then you will get a chance to go for interview session.

3.Interview--------------->>
This is the last step.. where they will ask you questions about your self and from your technical papers..After clearing the interview session you will get a chance to become an IAS officer...

Here is the list of optional subjects from where you have to choose any two subjects:---
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agriculture
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
Indian History
Law
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology

You should go for those two subjects in which you have lots of interest, and in which you have a very clear concept..

As you are from ECE stream then I will suggest you to go for subjects like-
**MATHEMATICS
**ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING

Because you will be quite friendly with these two..
So, get prepare for these steps..

All the best.
24th February 2012, 03:18 AM
tanu47

The optional subjects for IAS exam is:
General Studies
Essay
English Qualifying
Indian Languages
Mathematics
Agriculture
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
Indian History
Law
Management
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology
Anthropology
Arabic
Assamese
Bengali
Bodo
Chinese
Dogri
English
French
German
Gujarati
Hindi
Kannada
Kashmiri
etc.
1st April 2012, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

HI,,,,,,,,,M STUDENTS OF B.D.S. FINAL YR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,COULD U PLEZ SUGGEST ME WHICH SUBJECTS SHOULD I PREFER FOR I.A.S. EXAM PREPARTION....
6th May 2012, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

which branch(engg.) will be more suitable if i have to prepare for the IAS exam in the future?
10th May 2012, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

which subjects can I choose for IAS nd IPS exam being a candidate of Bsc. Biotechnology?
25th May 2012, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

which subjects should I prefer for IAS & IPS exam preparation being a student of BBA
3rd June 2012, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

can i become an ias . i am doing b.tech from electrical & electronics engg...........
19th June 2012, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

IAS is the great professional job in
this world .now iam passed humanities . All are saying that humanities is the sutable subject for IAS .IS IT CORRECT .....?
5th August 2012, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
plz tell me particular dates in which the exam is conduct for IAS/IPS. I am final year student of engineering with EE stream.
31st August 2012, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

RE: Which subject should i prefer for IAS exam preparation?I have completing B.B.A in sikkim manipal university(De)distance education
1st September 2012, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

which subject should i prefer for ias exam prepration being a student of b.com?
1st September 2012, 09:45 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

hello
dear friend,
You have done B.tech course in ECE stream, and now you are going for IAS exam..
Then my friend to become IAS officer you have to crack following three steps:---------
1.Civil service aptitude test(CSAT)-------->> After fulfill the eligibility criteria you have to appear in CSAT exam.. This is a preliminary exam, after qualifying in this exam you will be able to go for main exam..

2.MAIN EXAM:-------->> After clearing the CSAT exam you have to go through the main exam..If you able to crack the main exam then you will get a chance to go for interview session.

3.Interview--------------->>
This is the last step.. where they will ask you questions about your self and from your technical papers..After clearing the interview session you will get a chance to become an IAS officer...

Here is the list of optional subjects from where you have to choose any two subjects:---

Agriculture
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
Indian History
Law
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology

You should go for those two subjects in which you have lots of interest, and in which you have a very clear concept..

As you are from ECE stream then I will suggest you to go for subjects like-
**MATHEMATICS
**ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
Because you will be quite friendly with these two..
So, get prepare for these steps..

All the best.

#7 20th February 2012, 04:50 PM
rvidyasagar
Senior Member Join Date: Jan 2012

Re: Which subjects should I prefer for IAS exam preparation? I have completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication

If you go through the full notification of Civil Services Exam, you will note that there is an array of about 25 subjects, spanning the entire academic spectrum as optional subjects. Detailed syllabus for all these subjects is also given.

regards
14th October 2012, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

sir mai b.a.last year student ho aur mai ias ki taiyaari krna chahta hoo so plz mujhe btaiye ki isle pre paper k lite lithe subject lene paste h aur mere liye Kahn se subject better rhenge isle bass mains k liye kya krna pdta h plz mujhe poori information de finite iske based m by Hindi language
14th October 2012, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

sir mai b.a.last year student ho aur mai ias ki taiyaari krna chahta hoo so plz mujhe btaiye ki isle pre paper k lite lithe subject lene paste h aur mere liye Kahn se subject better rhenge isle bass mains k liye kya krna pdta h plz mujhe poori information de finite iske based m by Hindi language
14th October 2012, 07:01 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

HELLO DEAR

subjects should prefer for IAS exam preparation

Indian Languages
Mathematics
Agriculture
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
Indian History
Law
Management
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology
Anthropology
Arabic
Assamese
Bengali
Bodo
Chinese
Dogri
English

GOOD LUCK
8th December 2012, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

which book i refer for the preliminary exam of IAS? i choose the mathematics and electrical eneineering subject as optional.
19th May 2013, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

sir ,
i have just completed class 12th , and due to my home problem i am not able to bare the fee of preparation so iam intended to join air force . After that i want to do my studies for ias sidewise iam completing my graduation so which subject should i take for my graduation and also for ias preparation?
25th June 2013, 07:25 PM
luckyss
Senior Member++

dear friend.....

subjects should I prefer for IAS exam preparation
---------------------------------

1.Botany
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Management
4.Animal Husbandry
5.Philosophy
6.Political Science
7.Economics
8.Statistics
9.Gujarati
10.Commerce
11.Political Science
12.Botany
13.Gujarati
14.Persian
15.Malayalam
16.German
17.Indian History
6th July 2013, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir , i am student of B.TECH 2nd yr with ECE branch. I want preparation of IPS exam.Is it gud preparing ips exams from 2nd year .Plz suggest me how can i prepare for IPS from now.which optional subjet is good for me. Plz tell me sir.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?