26th December 2016, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NDA exam after completing 12th without maths?

Sir, my name is Anurag Verma. I am 18 years old, 12th pass in 52.93% without maths my height is 5.6. I now want to appear for NDA exam for army but problem is maths exam. What can I do?

26th December 2016, 09:42 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NDA exam after completing 12th without maths?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for NDA examination after completion of your 12th standard without Mathematics subject from a recognised board. Candidates who have passed 12th standard in any stream from a recognised board are eligible to apply for NDA examination to join Indian Army. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate and should be at least 16.5 years old and not more than 19.5 years of age to be eligible to join Indian Army through NDA examination.
26th December 2016, 09:44 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board in any discipline for Army, for Air Force and Navy must have PCM as main paper and age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

The minimum required height to appear for examination is 157.5 cm for Army and for Air Force is 162.5cm.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
26th December 2016, 09:56 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for National Defence Academy entrance examination without having studied Mathematics in 12th standard. You will not be eligible for Air Force and Navy and only eligible for Army. Second most important thing is that you will have to appear for first paper of NDA examination which is of Mathematics and clear it with good marks even when you have not studied in board exams.

The mathematics questions paper is upto 10+2 level and it consists of questions from standard ninth to 12th. You can solve and practice R.D Sharma book for NDA exam for 11th and 12th and you will easily clear this paper. The age limit for exam is 16.5-19.5 years. You must be unmarried male to apply for this exam. Second paper is of General ability test which consists of question from science, English and current affairs. Read daily newspaper for current affairs.

Those who clear written test become eligible for Service Selection Board.
26th December 2016, 11:16 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and it is an academy meant for providing education and training to those who manages to qualify NDA entrance examination with a desire of becoming a defense officer in their future.

--> NDA entrance examinations are held by UPSC twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written Examination and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview respectively.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in NDA entrance examination are as here under :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your Class 12th in any discipline from a recognized university. But for joining Indian Navy or Indian Air force your academics must includes PCM group.

* You must satisfy the physical fitness norm as per the service requirement.

So it is clear that there is no requirement for any particular subject in Class 12th for one's eligibility for NDA examination so you are eligible for same examination on this prospective. But, you must the knowledge of Mathematics of higher secondary degree as the 1st Paper of Written Examination is of Mathematics only.

For more detailed information regarding NDA entrance examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
26th December 2016, 11:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, my name is Anurag Verma. I am 18 years old, 12th pass in 52.93% without maths my height is 5.6. I now want to appear for NDA exam for army but problem is maths exam. What can I do?
Yes, you can apply for NDA exam but you can apply Indian Army post because your 12th standard subject is not Mathematics.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
27th December 2016, 12:38 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Candidates who have completed their intermediate from a recognized board are eligible for NDA exam. It is not necessary to study mathematics as a subject and there is no specific percentage criteria also. So you are eligible for NDA exam. But you should have the knowledge of basic maths so you can qualify in the exam. Thanks
27th December 2016, 11:29 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

NDA stands for the National Defence Academy.Since you have completed class 12th without maths cannot apply for the Indian Navy and India Air Force but can apply for the Indian Army.
27th December 2016, 12:01 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The examination is conducted in two stages as written and SSB and candidates have to qualify in both stages for final selection.

The age limit is between 16.5-19.5 years and only male candidates. For appearing for recruitment in Indian Army candidates passed 12th with any stream can appear.

The required minimum height for recruitment in Indian Army is 165 cm and as per your height you are above it. So, you can appear for examination.
27th December 2016, 05:13 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are certainly eligible to apply for NDA (National Defence Academy) Examination after completion of 12th class without Mathematics subject. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in NDA Examination is "12th Class" from a recognized university in 10+2 pattern. Yes, candidates who have completed their 12th Class without Mathematics are also eligible to apply for NDA Examination. The minimum age required to apply for NDA Examination is 16.5 years and the maximum age must not exceed 19 years. There is no such age relaxation applicable for any category candidate to be eligible.
27th December 2016, 06:24 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for NDA exam after completing 12th without Maths for Indian Military Academy.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam are following:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate must have passed 10+2 in any stream from a recognized board for Indian Military Academy and 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

-The age limit for the candidate is 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

-Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the exam.

-Selection of candidates are made based on their performance in the written examination and personal interview conducted by the Service Selection Board.
27th December 2016, 09:42 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for NDA entrance examination. The examination is conducted for recruitment in Army, Navy and Air Force.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed 12th or pursuing from a recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible.

For Air Force and Navy it is necessary to have Physics and Mathematics as main paper.

So, you are eligible for recruitment in Indian Army only. The required minimum height of candidate is 165 cm.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in. The application form for examination will be available in January.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?