11th February 2015, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply in UPSC exam if pursuing B.Tech(Computer Science Engineering) 3rd year?

Respected Friends
I am 3rd year btech computer scienceengg.
please tell me that can i apply for upsc?
Which upsc exam is best for com. Engg.?
please let me know as soon as possible
thank you and regards-

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for AFCAT exam after pursuing B.Tech in computer science and engineering
  2. Can i apply for AFCAT exam with computer science branch? I am pursuing B.Tech in computer science and engineering
  3. Am i eligible for BARCh exam after pursuing 3rd year in computer science and engineering?
  4. How to apply for ONGC GT after pursuing B.Tech 3rd year from Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
  5. How to apply for Crime Branch Exams and Railway Exams being a Diploma holder in Computer Science and pursuing 3rd year of CSE?
  6. How to apply for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE in Civil?
  7. How and for which scholarships can I apply after passing B.Tech 3rd year computer science?
  8. Can I apply for MPSC exam after completing 12th from science?
  9. Can a girl pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in Computer Science be eligible to apply for CDS Exam?
  10. Required Percentage of Marks to apply for Indian Navy being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in ECE?
  11. Am I eligible for UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing Computer Science Engineering?
  12. Am I eligible for CDSE, UES, Indian Army entrance exam? I am pursuing mechanical engineering 3rd year
  13. Does any of the UPSC Exam contain the syllabus of CSE?
  14. How to prepare for UPSC exam after passing 3rd year computer science
  15. Is this possible for me to attempt UPSC Exams pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?
  16. Can I apply for RTO Officer Job being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year in Marine Engineering?
  17. How to get a job in PSU sector? I am pursuing engineering
  18. Can I eligible for UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Com? -- [Most Discussed]
12th February 2015, 08:13 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply in UPSC exam if pursuing B.Tech(Computer Science Engineering) 3rd year?

No, you cannot apply for UPSC examination being a Engineering 3rd year student. UPSC conducts various examinations like IAS, IPS, IFS, IES, etc. Eligibility criteria required to appear in most of the UPSC examinations is mentioned below :-

Eligibility Criteria :-
1. Nationality :-
You must be a citizen of India.

2. Age Limit :-
You must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and must not have crossed the maximum age of 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as mentioned below :-
--> OBC :- 3 Years
--> SC/ST :- 5 Years

3. Educational Qualification :-
You must have completed Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university. Final year candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC examinations.

By satisfying the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you can appear in UPSC examinations. Since, you are pursuing B.Tech 3rd year, you can apply for UPSC examinations while pursuing B.Tech 4th year from a recognised university.
15th April 2015, 08:30 PM
Ashwakh

Default Re: Can I apply in UPSC exam if pursuing B.Tech(Computer Science Engineering) 3rd year?

You can apply for different UPSC exams with your b.tech qualification.

~ You can apply for the CDS exam to join in defence services

~ You can apply for the civil service exam

To apply for the exam ,
Age shouldbe in between 21-30 years , if you belong to General category
Age shouldbe in between 21-33 years , if you belong to OBC Category
Age shouldbe in between 21-35 years , if you belong to SC , ST category
You shouldbe a citizen of India
The graduation you have completed , it shouldbe from a Recognised university.

Selection process is ,

1) preliminary exam
2) main exam
3) interview
15th April 2015, 10:24 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Since, you are in the 3rd year of your degree course,you are not eligible to sit for UPSC exam.

UPSC conducts various exams for civil services, engineering services,defense services and many more every year in India.

The eligibility criteria required for most of the UPSC exam are as under:-

-The candidate should be an Indian.

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years for general category.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 times for general category under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

-The exam process involves

*Preliminary Exam

*Main exam

*Personality Interview.
13th July 2015, 06:32 PM
Mohit.Bansal

No, you can't apply for UPSC Exams in 3rd year of B.Tech. You can only apply for UPSC exams in final year of your B.tech means 4th year. You can also apply for the exams after B.Tech.

List Of UPSC Exams you can apply after B.tech-
1. Civil Services Exam
2. CDS Exam
3. IES Exam
4. APF Exam etc.
5. CAPF Exam

Eligibility Criteria- For All the Exams you are eligible to apply.

Age Limit-
1. For Civil Services- 21 years to 32 years.
2. For CDS Exam- 19 years to 25 years.
3. For IES Exam- 21 years to 30 years.
4. For APF exam- 21 years to 30 years.
5. For CAPF Exam- 20 years to 25 years.

How To Apply?

You have to apply for the Exam online on following link-
http://upsconline.nic.in/
15th June 2017, 10:11 PM
Ezhil Gold Shelton N

Smile Re: Can I apply in UPSC exam if pursuing B.Tech(Computer Science Engineering) 3rd year?

No you can't apply for UPSC examination if you are pursuing your B.tech graduation 3rd year because once for writing the you should have been completed the graduation degree from a recognised institution other than that you can apply for exams listed below
1.NDA I&II
2.SCRA
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?