11th June 2012, 09:32 AM
Unregistered

Can a girl pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in Computer Science be eligible to apply for CDS Exam?

can any girl from b.tech 3rd year (branch- computer science) student apply this year in CDS????????

Related Questions:
  1. How and for which scholarships can I apply after passing B.Tech 3rd year computer science?
  2. Can I apply in UPSC exam if pursuing B.Tech(Computer Science Engineering) 3rd year?
  3. Can I apply for AFCAT exam after pursuing B.Tech in computer science and engineering
  4. Can i apply for AFCAT exam with computer science branch? I am pursuing B.Tech in computer science and engineering
  5. Am i eligible for BARCh exam after pursuing 3rd year in computer science and engineering?
  6. Am I eligible for a job after B.Tech? I am a B.Tech 3rd year computer science student
  7. Am I eligible to apply for any scholarship if pursuing Graduation 3rd year being a single girl child?
  8. Am I eligible to write ICET Exam pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Best companies for inplant training near Tirupathi? I am a girl student pursuing 3rd year
  10. Eligibility to apply in CDS-OTA for B.Tech(CSE) 3rd year female candidate?
  11. How to apply for Crime Branch Exams and Railway Exams being a Diploma holder in Computer Science and pursuing 3rd year of CSE?
  12. Required Percentage of Marks to apply for Indian Navy being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in ECE?
  13. How can a B.A. 3rd year student with 70% marks (PCM) in 10+2 apply for CDS Exams (Flying Branch).
  14. Details regarding internship for B.Tech CSE students in Visakhapatinam? -- [New]
  15. While in 3rd year computer science am I eligible to give the CDS entrance exam through university entry scheme?
  16. How to appear for GATE exam after pursuing B.Tech computer science engineering
  17. Am I eligible to give CDSE Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?
  18. Am I eligible to write Group 2 Exam pursuing 3rd year of B.Sc in Computer Science?
11th June 2012, 03:16 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a girl pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in Computer Science be eligible to apply for CDS Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can any girl from b.tech 3rd year (branch- computer science) student apply this year in CDS????????
Pre-final year of degree course , you can't apply for this examination . But after completing graduate degree , you are eligible to apply for Officer Training Academy through CDS Examination .

CDS Stands for Combined Defence Academy Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year .

CDS Exam conducts for :-
  • Military Academy
  • Naval Academy
  • Air force Academy
  • Officer Training Academy

Officer Training Academy Eligibility :-

Candidate should have a completed degree with any discipline of a reputed Institution or equivalent qualification and final year of degree course can also eligible to apply for this examination but pre-final year of degree course may not eligible to apply for this examination .

Candidate age should be between 19 years and 25 years ( i.e candidate born not earlier than 2nd July , 1988 and not later than 1st July , 1994 ) are eligible and there is no upper age limits for this examination .

Unmarried Men and Women candidates are eligible to apply for this examination .

CDS (II) Notification was released on 02/06/12 and Last date for receipt of application on 02/07/12 . The examination will be held on 16/09/12 .

Online Application :- www.upsconline.nic.in

Syllabus Pattern of this exam :- English and General knowledge .

More details , Visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
11th June 2012, 03:29 PM
mnbgvs

Default Re: Can a girl pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in Computer Science be eligible to apply for CDS Exam?

you are eligible to apply for Indian Army only after completing B.Tech.

CDS Stands for Combined Defence Service Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Twice in a year as namely CDS I and CDS II.

To join in India Army , the aspirant have to passed graduate degree with any desire stream of a recognized University or equivalent qualification and the aspirant who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply for this examination.But the aspirant have to submit the proof of graduate degree before the written or Interview.

The aspirant age should be between 19 years to 24 years at the time of appearing for this examination and the aspirant must be Unmarried male candidates at the time of appearing for this examination.There is no relaxation given to the reserved categories.

The Aspirant must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to the Combined Defence Service examination.

How to Apply :-

The Aspirant are required to apply Online Application using the official website :-
Click here !!!

C.D.S II Exam , 2012 :-

Date of Notification :- 02.06.12

Last date for receipt of application :- 02.07.12

Date of Written examination :- 16.09.12
More details , Visit the official website :-
Click here !!!
11th June 2012, 04:30 PM
sadiora

Thumbs up Re: Can a girl pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in Computer Science be eligible to apply for CDS Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
only passed graduate candidate and those candidate which is appear in the

final year, eligible for the exam.

so, you are next year eligible for the exam.

best of luck future.
11th June 2012, 07:22 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear

CDS exam Details:-

*Candidate pass minimum graduation degree

* percentage marks 50% required.

IN CDS there is some division is:-

IMA(Indian Miltary academy)

Naval Acdemy

Airforce Academy

OTA(Officer Training Academy)

--For IMA /OTA degree required from recognization university

For Airforce B.Sc physics or mathematics or Bachelors degree

For naval Academy qualification is same for Air foce.

CDS exam is conducted twice in a year.
In the month of February and September

All boys/Girls apply for this post.

For more information you see

www.upsc.gov.in

Good Luck.......................
11th June 2012, 07:48 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Basically there are two options to join the defense field. The first is the CDS and the other is SSC. Only male candidates can apply to IMA, Navy, Air Force academy. Only they can join under the permanent commission scheme. Females can join only under the SSC-OTA scheme. They are eligible for the non technical course. You can apply for this when you reach the 4th year of engineering course.
15th July 2012, 02:14 AM
Unregistered

can i join ima after doing b.tech in computer science
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?