16th June 2016, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for PSU Job after completion of engineering with 59.81% marks?

Am I eligible to apply for PSU Job after completion of engineering with 59.81% marks? What is the minimum criteria required for applying the job? Can you please provide me the complete information on the same? It will be helpful if you can guide me soon.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for PSU after scoring 59% marks in 12th and getting good rank in Gate?
  2. Does GATE exam help to get a good job after completion of B.Tech course or not?
  3. Can I apply for PSU job on the basis of B.Tech with 59.64%?
  4. Am I eligible to get job in PSU if pursuing B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) in a Private college?
  5. For which PSU am I eligible for after scoring 64% marks in Engineering? Is there any relaxation for Non Creamy OBC caste?
  6. Can i apply for PSU and IES simultaneously? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Am I eligible to apply to PSU with BE degree?
  8. Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of B.E Mechanical Engineering with 62% marks?
  9. Are there any PSU exams in which I can apply after scoring 60% marks in graduation?
  10. What should I do after completion of B.Tech ECE to get a government job with salary of 1 lakh per month?
  11. Should I have to appear in GATE for getting job in PSU being a B.Tech(EEE) candidate?
  12. Am I eligible to apply for government job after completion of graduation with 49% marks and 70% marks in PGDCA?
  13. How to apply for off campus job at PSU? Importance factors to be considered?
  14. Am I eligible to get a job in PSU? What should I do to get a job in PSU after completing B.Com from D.U (SOL)?
  15. Job recruitments available in PSU for MCA candidate?
  16. Which type of government job I am eligible to get after completion of BA with 37.5 percentage marks? -- [New]
  17. How to apply for PSU after completing engineering? What is the date of sale of forms?
  18. Minimum and maximum marks required to get a job after mechanical engineering?
18th June 2016, 10:50 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for PSU Job after completion of engineering with 59.81% marks?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for PSU Job after completion of your Engineering course with an aggregate of 59.81% marks from a recognised board. But, most of the PSU companies asks for GATE score to apply for job. So, you need to have valid GATE score to apply for jobs in PSU. If you have qualified and secured good rank in GATE examination then, you can start applying for job in PSUs like HPCL, NTPC, ONGC, SAIL, etc.,. once the notification has been released by PSU's.
19th June 2016, 01:25 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for PSU Job after completion of engineering with 59.81% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to apply for PSU Job after completion of engineering with 59.81% marks? What is the minimum criteria required for applying the job? Can you please provide me the complete information on the same? It will be helpful if you can guide me soon.
Many PSUs recruit candidates with marks in the range of 60 to 70% for general category and 50 to 60% for reserved category. You have to clear GATE with good marks. So you are in tight situation some of the companies may agree for 59.81% for the recruitment and some may not. You have to try and apply to the companies separately as and when the notification comes. It is very difficult to get a job in PSU with your marks. You can also try for a job in private companies also.
19th June 2016, 10:14 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You are interested to know whether you are eligible for PSU job after completion of engineering degree with 59.81% marks. I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for PSU jobs with this percentage marks.

>>The main reason is that the minimum eligibility criteria for getting job in PSU is that student must possess at least 60% marks in their engineering degree. But you have scored slightly less than 60% marks. That’s why you are not eligible for PSU jobs. But there is no need to worry about this. You can eligible for jobs other than PSU. Following are the list of exams in which you can apply:

--SSC GL

--IBPS/ SBI PO

--Railway (Non Technical post)

--IB ACIO

--UPSC Civil Services Exam

--Railway JE/ SSE
19th June 2016, 11:03 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need to crack GATE with an excellent score for getting job in a PSU as a fresher after engineering degree. Most of the PSUs visit campus to recruit candidates based on GATE score.

Hence, if you don't have GATE score then it will be very difficult to get job in PSU as a fresher.
20th June 2016, 12:44 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, you are not eligible for PSU jobs.

Those candidates who have completed B.E/B.Tech degree with above 60% marks from a recognized University are eligible for PSU jobs.

Your age should be below 27 years.
15th June 2017, 09:27 PM
Ezhil Gold Shelton N

Smile Re: Am I eligible to apply for PSU Job after completion of engineering with 59.81% marks?

Yes you are eligible to apply for jobs in PSU only you have to attend and clear the GATE examination conducted by IIT . Gate exam notification will be officially released by the IIT you need to apply for that and after getting good score apply for the PSU jobs which require the Gate exam marks. Now apply to the respected job surely you will come out with flying colours.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?