25th June 2016, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I change my caste category into Creamy from Non-Creamy for UPSC Mains if my father is a PSU Bank clerk?

Hi,
My father is a clerk in PSU Bank with salary more than Rs. 6 Lacs per annum. I have applied for Prelims as under OBC Non-Creamy category. Now recently, 35 selected members are disqualified by UPSC because of the same reason. Can I change my category as Creamy in Mains?

Related Questions:
26th June 2016, 04:42 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I change my caste category into Creamy from Non-Creamy for UPSC Mains if my father is a PSU Bank clerk?

You just cannot change your category in the application form if you have already mentioned it once. However, if you have not mentioned it any where you will first of all have to register yourself as a creamy layer candidate before applying for the examination, or if cross checked, you can be in trouble.
26th June 2016, 01:22 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I change my caste category into Creamy from Non-Creamy for UPSC Mains if my father is a PSU Bank clerk?

Yes, you must change your category from Non creamy layer of Other Backward caste to Creamy layer of Backward caste otherwise even if you clear preliminary, mains and interview, you will be finally disqualified and not given any service allocation.

As per latest notification by UPSC, of all successful candidates of 2015 Civil Services examination, around 35 candidates have disqualified due to caste category. All these candidates have selected non creamy category even when their parents income was more than 6 lacs per annum.

But if you have applied for 2016 Civil Services exam with Non creamy category then it can not be changed while filling up Detailed application form. You can only change next year when you again apply for examination.
26th June 2016, 10:49 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you are not claiming relaxation and applying as a general candidate then it would work. There is no need to produce creamy layer certificate.

Only those who belong to non creamy layer are treated as OBC category and those who come under creamy layer are shifted towards general category.
5th July 2016, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

Hey,

I am facing the same problem. I had assumed that I was under OBC - NCL. Now based on the PSU clause I realised I will not be eligible. I have sent a letter to UPSC and I am waiting for their reply. could you post your details or e-mail id here? we could together ask upsc to change our category to general.
5th July 2016, 10:31 PM
upsc93

Hey

I am facing the same problem. I had thought I was under OBC NCL. but based on the disqualification that has happened this year I realised I was actually creamy layer. I have already sent UPSC a letter requesting for category change and I am waiting for their reply.

Could you post your e-mail id or contact detail? we could together ask UPSC citing the news report.
25th November 2018, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

I belong to OBC non creamy layer category.
Unfortunately, I had applied 3 times in upsc exam as creamy layer since I didn't have the certificate. Even I didn't put General category.
Can I change the category to Obc non creamy layer by next year 2019. Do they validate against previous application and lead to cancellation.
I'm really confused. Please help me on this.
1st April 2020, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

Can I change my caste category into creamy layer from non creamy layer for upsc mains ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?