21st September 2015, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

Can i join Research and Analysis Wing after studying Arts in 12th?

Sir, please tell me about joining RAW as secret agent as i am studying Arts stream in 12th class?

22nd September 2015, 10:13 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i join Research and Analysis Wing after studying Arts in 12th?

The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for joining Research and Analysis Wing is "Graduate Degree" from a recognized university. Since you might have completed just 12th Class, hence you are not eligible. But remember, Arts background graduates are also eligible to join Research and Analysis wing. So I suggest you to first complete "Graduate Degree" in order to be eligible for joining Research and Analysis Wing. To become RAW agent, you are required to give ACIO (Assistant Central Intelligence Officer) Examination of Intelligence Bureau conducted by Ministry of Home Affairs. Since the minimum educational qualification required is "Bachelor Degree", I suggest you to first complete the Graduate Degree in Arts stream in order to be eligible. Yes, Arts background students are also eligible to join Research and Analysis Wing.
22nd September 2015, 05:46 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Research and Analysis Wing is also known as RAW. It is an intelligence agency under ministry of defense.

It is not possible to get direct recruitment for RAW. RAW selects its candidates from military and paramilitary forces who have excellent and extraordinary service record and put them under severe tough training.

Anyone who wishes to join RAW should be mentally alert, have analytical brain, able to adapt according to circumstances, able to travel long distances etc.

As you have passed 12th, at this time if you wish to join Indian RAW then you have to first get selected for NDA . And, you will have to make a good career in this field to have a chance to join RAW.

UPSC conducts NDA (National Defense Academy) exam every year to recruit personnel in the different wings of Indian Army.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam are as under :-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The age limit for the candidate is 16.5 years to 19 years.

-Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the exam.

-The qualification required to join NDA is 12th class of 10+2 education system from a recognized board for Indian Military Academy and 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

-The selection process involves

*Written Examination

* Personal Interview by Service Selection Board

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards required to join NDA.

-The Written exam constitutes of 2 subjects,

* Maths -300 marks

* General Ability Test-600 marks

The time duration for the written exam is 2 1/2 hours.
13th June 2021, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

Can I join RAW after MSc. Organic Chemistry?
5th July 2021, 01:06 PM
Singhskomal

RAW doesn't recruit directly. They generally select from other government departments in India, including Intelligence agencies, administrative services, police services, armed forces etc.
Amny of the agents have been selected from IB ( Intelligence bureau).
Research and analysis wing only central level ranked officers can join RAW. In order to get central level jobs. You should appear in UPSC exam.
You can not directly join in the Indian RAW.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?