11th February 2016, 06:51 AM
Unregistered

Can i write UPSC examination with BE in Industrial Engineering?

I am studying in Indian institution of industrial engineering in Mumbai. I am interested to apply for upsc examination. So kindly tell me if i can write the examination with my present qualification?

11th February 2016, 08:43 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i write UPSC examination with BE in Industrial Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying in Indian institution of industrial engineering in Mumbai. I am interested to apply for upsc examination. So kindly tell me if i can write the examination with my present qualification?
After completion of BE in Industrial Engineering, you are eligible for UPSC Civil Service exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for UPSC (Civil Service exam).

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
11th February 2016, 02:53 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidate can appear in UPSC examination with BE in Industrial Engineering.

But candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university. Final year appearing candidate can also appear in examination but candidate have to produce his/her degree certificate at the time of interview.
Age of candidates must be from 21 to 32 years.
There is no minimum percentage criteria.
11th February 2016, 05:29 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for Union public service commission (UPSC) after completion for your graduation degree.

UPSC conducts various examinations every year. Below are the exams conducted by UPSC.

* Civil service examination
* Engineering service examination
* Special class railway apprentices examination
* Combined defence service examination
* Indian forest service examination
* Central armed police forces

The minimum eligibility criteria required for any candidate to apply for above exams is that one must hold graduation degree from a recognized university.

The official website of UPSC is http://www.upsc.gov.in/frmain.htm
11th February 2016, 08:01 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you are eligible to write UPSC examination after completion of your B.E course in Industrial Engineering. Candidates who have obtained Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in UPSC examination. The age limit required to appear in UPSC examination is 21-32 years and it varies for some of the UPSC examinations. Since, you are pursuing B.E course, you are eligible to appear in UPSC examination after completion of your B.E course in Industrial Engineering.
11th February 2016, 08:07 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Of course yes. You are certainly eligible to appear in UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) Examination only when you will be in final year. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in UPSC Examination is "Graduate Degree" or a Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Remember, you are eligible to apply for this recruitment exam only when you will be in final year of B.Tech. The basic educational qualification required is given below.

>> Degree of a recognized university or its equivalent.

>> Candidates who are appearing in the requisite degree qualification are also eligible for appearing in the examination. However, candidates are supposed to submit the proof of Passing the requisite qualification along with the Application form for Civil Services (Main) Examination.
11th February 2016, 08:51 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission. It conducts large number of examination every year.

*For NDA exam, 10+2 is minimum academic qualification required and for rest of other exams bachelor's degree is minimum qualification required.

*You can write different UPSC exams after B.E in Industrial Engineering like Civil Services, Combined Defence Services, CAPF exam etc.

Official details about any UPSC exam is given at http://www.upsc.gov.in
11th February 2016, 11:42 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
It is not advisable to have tattoos when you appear for government jobs. If you have any remove them before you go for an interview and medical examinations. The career is more important than any other things like tattoo etc. So concentrate on your studies and prepare well for the UPSC examination. So do not have tattoos when appear for interviews.
11th February 2016, 11:46 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Yes, you can write UPSC examination with B.E Industrial Engineering. The eligibility to write UPSC Preliminary Exam is a pass in graduation degree from a recognised university. The upper age limit is 32 years for general candidate, for OBC 35 years and for SC/ST 37 years. There are Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam and Interview for the selection. The UPSC website link is http://www.upsc.gov.in/
15th February 2016, 10:26 PM
vinoth1922
Junior Member+

UPSC will be conducted every year and they recruit for IAS, IPS, IFS etc. IAS is the top most designation in the executive department.
State Level PSC will be conducted for the post of Deputy Collector which is next to the IAS. Recruitment is based on different states and it will be notified in their respective websites
Eligibility:
-Should be a Degree holder in any field.
-Should be a Citizen of India, part of Nepal, part of Tibet, or a refugee before 1961.
-Age Limit - Minimum 21 yrs and Maximum 32 yrs .( Relaxation in Age is based on Community).
7th August 2019, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

I have completed BE from Indian institute of industrial engineering, Mumbai( correspondence , working with Pvt Organisation) can I eligible for UPSC exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?