27th March 2016, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

Chances to appear in NDA exam to become an Officer in Indian Army for girls?

Hello Sir/Madam,
I am a girl, studying in 11th standard. Shall I have any chance to appear for NDA exam to serve in Indian Army as an Officer? Please let me know asap.

29th March 2016, 08:43 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances to appear in NDA exam to become an Officer in Indian Army for girls?

Sorry, to say that girls are not eligible to appear in NDA examination as per eligibility criteria mentioned by UPSC. Only Unmarried Male candidates are eligible to appear in NDA examination. The age limit required to appear in NDA examination is 16 1/2 to 19 1/2 years. Candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board are eligible to appear in NDA examination.
29th March 2016, 09:43 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances to appear in NDA exam to become an Officer in Indian Army for girls?

No, Not at all. I am extremely sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear in NDA (National Defence Academy) and Naval Academy Entrance Examination being a girl student. Here is the basic eligibility criteria in order to apply for NDA Examination.

>> As you are not eligible, I suggest you to concentrate on studies first. After completion of Graduation you may apply for Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination to serve in Indian Army as an Officer.

>> Girls cannot apply for this NDA Examination and only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for this NDA Examination.

>> Generally this NDA Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every years for admission in National Defence Academy. So candidates can select in Navy, Army and in Air Force on behalf of NDA.
29th March 2016, 10:40 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/Madam,
I am a girl, studying in 11th standard. Shall I have any chance to appear for NDA exam to serve in Indian Army as an Officer? Please let me know asap.
No, Girls candidates are not eligible for NDA exam. Only male candidates are eligible for NDA exam.

Those candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of the 12th standard candidate is eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years.
29th March 2016, 10:45 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

No there is no possibility for a girl candidate to appear in the NDA examination for becoming officer in Indian Army as for appearing in the same examination one must be a male candidate.

But if you are really interested for becoming officer in Indian Army then you can go for the same by clearing CDS entrance examination after completing your higher secondary school degree and then your bachelor degree course.

--> CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) entrance examination is held twice every year by Union Public Service Commission in two stages which includes Written Examination and Service Selection Board interview respectively.

-->For appearing in the same examination for joining Indian Army ( Indian Military Academy ) you must have the qualifications mentioned below :-

* You must have the citizenship of India with your age lying within 19 years to 24 years.

* You must hold the bachelor degree course with any of the stream of your choice from a recognized university.

* You must be physically fit as per the service requirement norms.

For more details about the same examination you can refer to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upscexam.com or www.upsc.gov.in.
29th March 2016, 10:58 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

National Defence Academy

Girls Candidates are not eligible for the NDA examination. Only Male candidates are eligible for the NDA entrance examination.

The NDA examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) twice in every year for the selection of candidates in the different wing of the NDA.

Eligibility Criteria for NDA Examination. :
-->You need pass 12th class from a recognize board/University. 12th board exam appearing student can also apply for the NDA entrance examination.
-->The age must be between 16 1/2 to 19 years at the time of examination.
--> Only male candidates are eligible. Female candidate needs not apply.

So, as per eligibility criteria you are not eligible for the NDA examination. If you are interested in the defence field then you may prepare for the CDS examination.

For any more and complete information regarding the upcoming NDA entrance examination please visit the official website of the UPSC - http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th March 2016, 11:54 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, not at all, girls are not eligible for National Defence Academy examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Only unmarried male Indian candidates are eligible for NDA examination.

Girls can apply for Combined Defence Services examination. Unmarried male and female candidates are eligible to apply for CDS exam. The academic qualification for CDS examination is graduation. So, you can apply for this examination only after bachelor's degree.
30th March 2016, 12:01 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam:

*As per rules of UPSC, male aspirants who are unmarried can only apply for NDA examination.

*Age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

Being a girl candidate, you can not apply for NDA exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?