27th January 2011, 02:38 AM
Unregistered

Indian army after 12th standard with Arts stream? Are girls eligible for NDA?

i am in 11th arts stream and really intrested to join indian army.can you kindly tell me the procedures about what to do after 12th? and can girls do NDA?

27th January 2011, 09:29 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Indian army after 12th standard with Arts stream? Are girls eligible for NDA?

Well friend,

Its very appreciable !! that you are desirous to join Indian Army.There are lots of Entries after 12 like NDA , TES Etc

NDA is National Defense Academy and TES is Technical Entry Scheme.The very important thing is If you are a Female Candidate then After 12 you can't join Indian Army .

NDA is meant only for Guys but it doesn't mean that girls can't join.

They can join but Not through NDA but through CDSE, SSC technical women etc.

Eligibility To write CDSE exam Or to sit directly in SSB i.e service selection board through SSC Technical Women are

As educational qualification concerned, you must be in final year or passed with any Degree from recognized college.

Age limits for CDSE is from 19 to 23 years.And For SSC Technical Women is 21 to 25 years of age..

Good luck.
27th January 2011, 09:51 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Indian army after 12th standard with Arts stream? Are girls eligible for NDA?

Hi

Only male candidates can apply for the NDA exam. The girls are not eligible for this exam. So there no entry for the girls in Indian army after 10+2.

But you can apply for the Indian army as an officer after the completion of your graduation. Since the girls can enter in Indian army through University entry scheme or through the Combined defence service examination. Since you are a Arts student so you can apply for the Indian army through CDS exam.

The details regarding the CDS exam is given below. You can refer from here:

Date of notification: September

Minimum academic qualifications:

(i) For IMA and OTA :-
Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.

Age limits:
19 - 24 years.

So you can apply for the Indian army after the completion of your graduation so work hard you will definitely get selected.

GOOD LUCK
27th January 2011, 10:01 AM
daxter

Default Re: Indian army after 12th standard with Arts stream? Are girls eligible for NDA?

Hello,

You can go for NCC Special Entry SCHEME, SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION
The Min eligibility criteria for that is a Degree of a recognised University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years. (ii) Service in NCC : Should have served for minimum two academic years in the senior Division/Wing of N.C.C. (iii) Grading: Should have obtained minimum of B Grade in ‘C’ Certificate Exam of NCC.

Best of luck
27th January 2011, 10:13 AM
amahajan

Default Re: Indian army after 12th standard with Arts stream? Are girls eligible for NDA?

Hello Dear
You can not join Army because a student with art stream is not eligible to give any exam after you 12th class but you can join Army after your graduation. A exam conducted by UPSC for the recruitment in the Indian Army and you can appear in that exam after your graduation whether you do your graduation in any stream.
For more details visit the following link:-

http://indianarmy.nic.in/Site/FormTemplete/frmTempSimple.aspx?MnId=UJmqZRCg5p8=&ParentID=LwoZ AzlgsAg=
27th January 2011, 11:06 AM
Tushar93

Smile Re: Indian army after 12th standard with Arts stream? Are girls eligible for NDA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am in 11th arts stream and really intrested to join indian army.can you kindly tell me the procedures about what to do after 12th? and can girls do NDA?
Hello friend,
First of all you have to complete gradation from a recognised university.
If you have an engineer degree in any stream. Then you can apply for short service commission of the indian army through :-
1. NCC Special Entry, for this you should have a NCC 'C' certificate with minimum 'B' grade
2. Technical entry
3. Entry through exam conducted by UPSC.
If you do not have an engineer degree then you have to go through the exam conducted by UPSC.
You can also join the army if you have a law degree

So Keep track of the advertisement published in Employment news and check the following sites for further details.
1. UPSC www.upsc.gov.in
2. Indian army www.joinindianarmy.nic.in

Best of luck
27th January 2011, 11:39 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Indian army after 12th standard with Arts stream? Are girls eligible for NDA?

Good morning dear,
As you are in arts stream you can not apply NDA exam.
Only man can apply for NDA exam.
The age limit for nDA exam is 16 1/2-19
Advertisement schedule is declared in the month of Mar/Oct
Education qualification is 10+2 with physic and mathematics .

Good luck........
27th January 2011, 12:55 PM
Harshita21

Their is very simple procedure to apply for NDA after 12th standard.

The Candidate have to fill a simple UPSC form.

NDA-I
NDA-II

Two times NDA exam is conducted in a year

Students from any stream are eligible

Girls are not eligible for NDA they are eligible for CDS after their graduation.
27th January 2011, 03:56 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

hello,

NDA is open to all students who have passed 12th exam.

For Army wing of National Defence Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

candidates must be physically fit for the physical standards.

Girls can also apply for this exam.

All the best wishes and you can check for further instructions at www.upsc.gov.in
27th January 2011, 05:50 PM
prtk.co

Girls can not apply for NDA.Nda is only for unmarried male candidate.
27th January 2011, 07:47 PM
er.varunchawla

Quote:
hello

well there is not a serious matter that girls are not allowed to take part in NDA but there are some defense courses in which girls are allowed to participate........

so try yourself in that .......

thank you..........
27th January 2011, 08:36 PM
manyas

hey,,girl

i am so sorry to tell u that NDA IS FOR BOYS ONLY.
BUT U CAN JOIN ARMY BY WOMEN SPECIAL ENTRY.
THE REQUIREMENT IS A FIRST CLASS GRADUATE IN ANY STREAM.

U NEED TO PASS A "S.S.B" INTERVIEW OF 5 DAYS CONDUCTED IN TWO PHASES .

U HAVE TO B VERY FLUENT IN SPOKEN ENGLISH PARTICULARLY IN G.D'S AND INTERVIEWS.

ALL THE BEST GIRL
BEST WISHES

REGARDS:
Manya Sethi
^_^
27th January 2011, 09:20 PM
Sachin Narayan

Hi,
Sorry but NDA is not for girls. Girls cannot appear in NDA.

For Indian Army(MEN)

After 10+2.
U can be a soldier clerk/ storekeeper technical

a. Educational qualification - 10+2 in any stream with 50 % marks and 40% minimum in each subject.

b. Age limit- 17 1/2 to 23 years.

For Officer Rank- For Both Men and Women graduation is required.

thank you
28th January 2011, 01:59 AM
abhimanyu2688

Hello Friend you can join indian army through NDA after 12th class (age limit 16.5 to 19 years).
You can also join indian army through CDS after graduation
Both Exams are conducted by UPSC every year twice.
You have to pass these exams to join indian army.
No girls are not eligible for NDA only unmarried males are eligible for NDA.
For details visit www.upsc.gov.in
Good Luck.
28th January 2011, 07:20 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Since your a female candidate hence its not possible that you can go through the NDA examination.You can apply for SSC Women Non-Technical Course i.e the exam held to recruit in Officer's Training Academy. But since your from Arts stream it think it may be a problem.
Its better that you apply for the I.M.A after your graduation course.You can get the notifications in the following link

http://www.upsc.gov.in

If you want to go through the various exams held by the UPSC board in army then visit the following link

http://www.upscexam.com/defence_examinations/
7th February 2011, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

Can NDA exam given by arts stream without maths for army wing?
28th March 2011, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

Can male candidate how to join in indianarmy after 12th with pch
19th April 2011, 08:28 AM
Unregistered

I'm engineering student in autonomous college-bangalore....here there is grade system they give us grade points like in iit's and nit's...am i eligible for cdse exam
20th April 2011, 11:33 AM
ZChirag aggarwal

Quote:

Dear frend,
Yes,u can join INDIAN ARMY after graduating wid arts stream..but u shud 1st complete wid ur 12th class..U only need to give UPSC entrance exam for nda....but dis eligibility is not opend for girls...girls shud apply for OTA and it is a short sevice commision exam
22nd April 2011, 10:12 AM
ZChirag aggarwal

Quote:
Dear frend,
You shud start preparing for NDA from now onwards if u r interested in joining INDIAN ARMY.u shud buy the book of NDA wich contains last 10 yrzz question paperzz and go thru it carefully...no,grlzz cannot do NDA,Alternatively dey can opt of OTA..

Best f luck
15th May 2011, 03:55 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

Its very appreciable !! that you are desirous to join Indian Army.There are lots of Entries after 12 like NDA , TES Etc

NDA is National Defense Academy and TES is Technical Entry Scheme.The very important thing is If you are a Female Candidate then After 12 you can't join Indian Army .

Eligibility To write CDSE exam Or to sit directly in SSB i.e service selection board through SSC Technical Women are

As educational qualification concerned, you must be in final year or passed with any Degree from recognized college.

Age limits for CDSE is from 19 to 23 years.And For SSC Technical Women is 21 to 25 years of age..
25th May 2011, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

i have finished std. 10th . which faculty should i choose inorder to join the indian army?
28th May 2011, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

i've recently finished my 12th from humanities stream obtaining 72% overall.so can i join indian army?
28th May 2011, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

i've recently finished my 12th from humanities side obtaining 72% overall. so can i join indian army?? and in whch field
28th June 2011, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

CAN I TAKE ARTS IN NDA
29th June 2011, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

m a commerce student(without maths) nd want to join indian army. can u plz tell me hw cn i join?
29th June 2011, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

Arts students can give exam of CDS after graduation..?
10th July 2011, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,.. m divya..i wsh to be a part of indian army after completing my graduation...but is it possible to get into it after doing textile engineering. also is their any benifit for national players in army..??
23rd August 2011, 10:35 PM
pranjal404

if u r intrested in nda then u should join it .its an energetic line which can develop your personality and secure ur future family.... yes it is also good for girls
28th August 2011, 01:24 AM
Unregistered

Which exam do a girl need to give from upsc after gradution to join indian army? in is there any mathematical exam also?
5th September 2011, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE TAKEN BIO-SCI. TO BECOME ARMY DOCTOR WHAT I HAVE TO DO AFTER CLASS 12?
6th October 2011, 05:28 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

no! you can not apply for NDA as you are a girl and not have maths in 12,.
after completion of your graduation you can apply for CDS examination(for only military wing) .
the age limit for this exam is 19-25.
6th October 2011, 10:47 PM
sidbond

Firstly and foremostly, girls or female candidates are not eligible to join the NDA, even if they are from science stream. It is only meant for male candidates.

However this does not mean that you cannot join the Indian Army.

Female candidates can join the Army through SSC Special NCC Entry for C certificate holders

And through CDSE after the completion of graduation.

Thanks.
18th October 2011, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

after 12th in arts can girls apply for cds
2nd December 2011, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

I am neetu. I have my state of Haryana Distt Gurgaon. That is my age 23 years. My education B.A. Pass. But I am married, because I have indian army joining. Please tell me letest recuirment. Thank you
3rd December 2011, 02:47 PM
nida shakeel

Their is very simple procedure to apply for NDA after 12th standard.

The Candidate have to fill a simple UPSC form.

NDA-I
NDA-II

Two times NDA exam is conducted in a year

Students from any stream are eligible

Girls are not eligible for NDA they are eligible for CDS after their graduation.
23rd January 2012, 05:07 PM
drurv

Hello friend,
If you have an engineer degree in any stream. Then you can apply for short service commission of the indian army through :-
1. NCC Special Entry, for this you should have a NCC 'C' certificate with minimum 'B' grade
2. Technical entry
If you do not have an engineer degree then you have to go through the exam conducted by UPSC.

Keep track of the advertisement published in Employment news and check the following sites for further details.
1. UPSC www.upsc.gov.in
23rd January 2012, 08:39 PM
Dilip Bista

Girls cannot apply for NDa , it is only for unmarried boys , however if you are interested in joing the Indian army you can check the details at the official website of the Indian army www.joinindianarmy.nic.in

You can also go through the employment news for the advertisment.
24th January 2012, 03:50 PM
tl.com

hi dear

Only male candidates can apply for the NDA exam. The girls are not eligible for this exam. So there no entry for the girls in Indian army after 10+2.

But you can apply for the Indian army as an officer after the completion of your graduation. Since the girls can enter in Indian army through University entry scheme or through the Combined defence service examination. Since you are a Arts student so you can apply for the Indian army through CDS exam.

The details regarding the CDS exam is given below. You can refer from here:

Date of notification: September

Minimum academic qualifications:

(i) For IMA and OTA :-
Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.

Age limits:
19 - 24 years.

So you can apply for the Indian army after the completion of your graduation so work hard you will definitely get selected.

GOOD LUCK
thanks
25th January 2012, 03:05 AM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: Indian army after 12th standard with Arts stream? Are girls eligible for NDA?

Quote:

I am very happy to see that you wants to join Indian Army. Its really appreciable.

Dear It is to inform You that NDA is for Unmarried Male candidates only. So you can not apply for NDA exam after 12th.

But don't worry dear, You can also join Indian CDS{Combined Defence Service} Examination after completing your Graduation in any stream.

"CDS is for both Male & Unmarried candidates"

Requirements to Eligibility Criteria for Indian Army throughCDS Examination:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

• You must complete Your Graduation degree course in any discipline form a recognized University.
  • Final year students also eligible to apply
  • There is no restriction on graduation percentage.

• Your Age should be between 19 to 24 Years.

Physical requirements for Indian Army:
--------------------------------------------

For more detail you can visit : http://upsc.gov.in

Good Luck...

REGARDS
!4g sLT!
10th March 2012, 02:17 PM
harshit agrawal 2021

my dear................

After your completion of your 12th exam , you can surely be eligible for National Defence Academy Exam.

National Defence Academy Exam is one of the exams which takes you to Defence jobs followed by a special training of 4 years.

You can choose any of the 3 wings in which you are interested in to join i.e Navy,Air force and Army

To be eligible for NDA you need to check following eligibility conditions:-

Must be an Indian
Should completed 12th pass or appearing in.
Age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years
-->>For joining Air force and Navy(Should have studied 12TH with science stream i.e Maths and Physics is compulsory

Mode of application

You can apply to NDA by 2 Modes:

Offline or Online

Offline forms you can collect from pOST office of your respective city.

Upcoming Nda exam notifications are already published,You can check it from http://www.upsc.gov.in/

Online:-You can apply online by visiting:http://www.upsconline.nic.in/

Upcoming NDA Dates
Dates of Upcoming NDA exam is 15th April 2012.

best of luck.................
12th March 2012, 10:55 AM
masuka123

No, Girls are not eligible for NDA Exam . Only Unmarried male candidates can apply for NDA Exam .

Eligibility for NDA Exam
Only Unmarried male candidates can apply .
You should have passed 10+2 are eligible for NDA Exam.
You should have appeared for 10+2 exam and waiting for result can also apply.
You should physics and maths as compulsory subject for navy and air force academy.
Exam PATTERN FOR nda exams
PAPER-A general knowledge
PAPER-B English
PAPER-1 general ability
PAPER-2mathematics
Other Exams for Defense Services
CDS Exam
AFCAT Exam
SSC SCheme
TGC Scheme
UES Scheme

Good Luck..!!
2nd June 2012, 06:21 PM
anupama soni

Default Re: Indian army after 12th standard with commers stream? Are girls eligible for NDA?

[QUOTE=Unregistered;342855]i am in 12 class ,i am girl .i am join to army please tell me .can i join the army . my age is 18 . i was live in ambala
20th October 2012, 09:39 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Dear aspirant,

-Sorry girls can not join Army after 10+2 . Girls can join army after Graduation only.

-A girl cannot join Indian defence after 10+2 . She should be atleast Graduate to join the defence services.

-If you want to join defence then you should complete your graduation and apply for CDS exam.

-If you want to make your chances better then i would advice you to take physics and maths in Graduation or do engineering.

-You can also take up NCC in your Graduation so that you can apply for NCC special entry scheme.

BEST OF LUCK...
21st October 2012, 12:47 AM
mahhiads

Hello Friend,

If you girl or not from the maths and science in 12th and both than you are not eligible for NDA (National Defense Academy).

But you are join the army though the CDS Exam. In CDS
1. Graduate Candidate Required
2. Indian Citizen And Unmarried Candidate

All The Best!!!!!!!!
21st October 2012, 01:12 AM
irshad.a
Senior Member+

Only male candidates can apply for the NDA exam. The girls are not eligible for this exam.

If you want to make your chances better then i would advice you to take physics and maths in Graduation or do engineering.

You can also take up NCC in your Graduation so that you can apply for NCC special entry scheme.

BEST OF LUCK..
29th October 2012, 10:16 AM
Unregistered

Hi, m manisha and I m in 11th(arts). I m really want to do something for our motherland our India. I want to join Indian army so plz tell me the process to join Indian army
29th October 2012, 07:57 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hey friend,

There are chances of joining in Indian Army with a qualification of completed +2 from Arts stream as you can write the entrance exam which is the procedure for joining and the exam which you can write is NDA Exam

There are criteria's which are needed to satisfied in order to apply for the exam and by the way when referring those criteria's you are ineligible for joining in Indian Army

The reason behind it is because that you are not satisfying the Martial Status needed for the exam as it states that the candidate appearing for the exam must be a unmarried male candidate

And having mentioned that you are a Girl you are not eligible for the exam

For more info regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
31st October 2012, 01:24 PM
swas08

hi dear,
2. Technical entry

Keep track of the advertisement published in Employment news and check the following sites for further details.
1. UPSC www.upsc.gov.in

best of luck..
thanks
31st October 2012, 01:26 PM
swas08

hi dear,
2. Technical entry

1. UPSC www.upsc.gov.in

best of luck..
thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?