24th March 2017, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

Which course is suitable to become an IPS officer?

In which stream i go after taking 85% in 2015 marks in 10th. For doing IPS and which degree is compulsory for this and from where I do it. Please reply Sir.

24th March 2017, 08:01 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which course is suitable to become an IPS officer?

The eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination is:

Graduation in any stream from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for examination.

From clause " any stream", you can understand that stream does not matter. You are free to choose any stream of your choice at 10+2 level as well as bachelor's degree level.
25th March 2017, 12:03 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course is suitable to become an IPS officer?

There is no such course or subjects required to become an IPS officer. Candidates who have completed their graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university are eligible to become an IPS officer, but before that you have to appear for Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC departments every year. Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years, for SC/ST it is 35 years and for OBC its 33 years. You should be an Indian citizen with a height of 165 cms for men and 150 cms for women. Eyesight of 6/6 or 6/9 is required.

With the above eligibility you can appear for the examination and the selection will depend on the marks secured in it followed by personal interview and physical test.
25th March 2017, 07:45 PM
ealpexpart@

Location: c/o debi dev, 2/ J green park north old calculate road. barrackpur. p.o.- talpukur, kolkata-700123
Post Re: Which course is suitable to become an IPS officer?

You will achieve your goal to become Indian Police service officer through civil service examination which is held by union public service commission.

Educational qualification: Candidate must have completed graduation / appeared final year student in any discipline from any recognized university.

Age limit: 21-32 years for general category. 5 years for sc/st and 3 years for obc age relaxation is applicable.

There is no restriction in selection of discipline in graduation. So you can choose any discipline at your graduation level.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?