27th July 2015, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

How can I get job as IPS Officer? Terms and conditions to apply for it?

Hiii
I have cleared my B.COM I want to become a IPS officer how can entry for IPS officer.......? And whats the terms and condition for apply IPS officer...?

27th July 2015, 08:27 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get job as IPS Officer? Terms and conditions to apply for it?

You have to appear for the Civil Services Exam to become an IPS officer . UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts civil services exam to make recruitment in the posts like IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS .

IPS stands for Indian Police Services .

The eligibility criteria to appear in the Civil Services exam are as under :-

-The candidate must be an Indian .

-The candidate must have passed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.There is no percentage bar for the marks secured in Graduation degree to appear for the exam .

-The candidate who are in the final year of their degree can also appear for Preliminary exam .

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years . The upper age limit is relaxed for OBC candidate by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates .

-The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 times for general category under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

- The eye sight required for a IPS officer are

6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.

6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.

- The candidate should not suffer from color blindness or night blindness defect .

The selection process involves of

* Preliminary Exam

Preliminary Examination consist of two objective type papers i.e., General Studies and CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test) of 200 marks for each paper .

* Main exam

Mains Examination consist of 7 conventional type papers of 1800 marks .

* Personality Interview and Group Discussion .
27th July 2015, 09:58 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get job as IPS Officer? Terms and conditions to apply for it?

I.P.S stands for the Indian Police Service and it is one of the most prestigious jobs and to become an I.P.S the candidate need to qualify in the Civil Services examination. The Civil Services examination is conducted by the UPSC every year.

There is no special examination for the I.P.S. as there is a common examination for the IAS/IPS/IFS etc..

Yes, you are eligible to appear in the examination but the application for the 2015 is closed. So you have to wait for the next year to appear in the examination.

The examination is among the toughest examination so to clear the examination you must requires determination, dedication and devotion to your studies. The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-

* Candidate must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidate age must be between 21-30 years and relaxation in the age for the reserved category candidates.

The examination are conducted in the three stages and the candidate need to qualify in all these stages for the final selection in these jobs. The three stages of the examination are :-
* Preliminary.
* Mains.
* Interview.

The candidate need to have the excellent knowledge in the optional paper along with the best knowledge in the other papers.

For more information visit at the www.upsc.govin.
27th July 2015, 11:59 PM
channu tiwari

Dear aspirant,
to b an IPS officer you have to fight civil services exam conducted by UPSC every year on August 23 (pre). its minimum eligibility is being graduate.
Do prepare n go for it.
Thanks
28th July 2015, 01:05 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hiii
I have cleared my B.COM I want to become a IPS officer how can entry for IPS officer.......? And whats the terms and condition for apply IPS officer...?
You have completed B.Com degree so you are eligible for IPS exam which is conducted by UPSC through Civil Service exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

Physical fitness criteria for IPS exam:-

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST :

Male:160 cm and female :145 cm

Chest

Male candidates-84 (+ 5cm).

Female candidates-79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight

For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision
28th July 2015, 01:20 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

# Indian Police Service (IPS) is basically meant for maintenance of Law and Order in the society. An IPS officer has to take the responsibility of public safety and security.

# Age limit required for IPS Examination:

* 20-30 years for General category.
* 20-33 years for OBC category.
* 20-35 years for SC/ST category.

# Minimum required educational qualification is only any bachelor degree from recognised university.

# Required parameters in physical fitness are:

* Height of 165 cm for men and 150 cm for women.
* Chest must be 80 cm (unexpanded) and 85 cm (expanded) for men.
* Chest must be 75 cm (unexpanded) and 80 cm (expanded) for women.
* 6/6 vision in good eye and 6/9 vision in worst eye.
* Must not be suffered from Colour Blindness and Night Blindness.
* Must not have Knock Knee and Flat Feet.

# Few useful tips for IPS Examination are:

* Plan your self-study preparation. Only with better planning and strategy you can achieve success in the said examination.
* Go through the old question papers in order to know how the questions are asked.
* Choose only that subject for Preliminary and Mains Examination in which you are fundamentally strong and having sound knowledge.
* Make a habit of solving one or two question papers.
* Keep yourself updated with all important national and international level affairs.
* Develop positive approach and good & pleasant personality in order to perform better in interview.
28th July 2015, 12:22 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

To become an IPS Officer firstly you have to crack entrance exam of Civil Services which is conducted by UPSC every year.
Exams are conducted in three stages:-
Preliminary
Mains
Interview.
Eligibility criteria:-
The candidate must be a holder of graduation degree.
Age criteria should not less than 21 yrs and not more than 30 yrs.
7th June 2018, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

I am a married women and complete master degree, so can I apply IPS exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?