1st February 2017, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IPS officer on the basis of BA degree?

Hello! I'm a second year B.A student. I want to become an IPS officer. So, will you please help me by giving some important guidance which will help me to become an IPS officer. I'm very much interested in that and it’s my aim from childhood only. Now my intention is to only achieve my goal and nothing else. Please help me.

1st February 2017, 08:36 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IPS officer on the basis of BA degree?

Yes, you are eligible to become an IPS officer on basis of B.A degree. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in IPS examination. The age limit required to apply for IPS examination is 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules. You need to take IPS examination coaching and study hard to qualify IPS examination to become an IPS officer.

1st February 2017, 10:50 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

In order to become an IPS officer, you are required to appear in entrance examination which is conducted by Union Public Services Commission. Yes, you are required to appear in CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) entrance examination which is conducted by UPSC.

You can start preparing for CSAT Examination from now onwards and I strongly suggest you to take the help of best coaching institute that fetches you to score good marks in Entrance Examination. The more marks you secure the higher rank you will get. So make sure you start a strategic plan in order to crack the examination and try to solve as many model papers as you can.

10th July 2017, 11:12 PM
rochithirkane
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello! I'm a second year B.A student. I want to become an IPS officer. So, will you please help me by giving some important guidance which will help me to become an IPS officer. I'm very much interested in that and it’s my aim from childhood only. Now my intention is to only achieve my goal and nothing else. Please help me.
If you want to become IPS OFFICER then you have crack UPSC EXAM.
Education Qualification for UPSC is GRADUATION from a recognised university.
Now you are in 2nd year.When you will come in 3rd year,you should start preparation of UPSC.
You have to work hard for this exam.
All the BesT

9th March 2018, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

Hello I am in class 12th in this year I want to become a IPS officer how I become a IPS officer and I have a one more question that BA degree is important for IPS

13th March 2018, 08:14 AM
chikkykranthi619

Basically for becoming an IPS, you need to apply for an examination conducted by the UPSC board in the name of Civil Services examination.This will be conducted every year.

For applying for the examination candidate must go to the UPSC official website and then complete remaining procedure.

Required Criteria for becoming an IPS:

Educational criteria:
Candidates must have completed graduation/degree from any recognized university.Since you have done BA degree so you are also eligible for applying for this position.

There is also 'Age relaxation' for reserved categories i.e.,
-- 5 years for SC/ST Candidates.
-- 3 years for OBC candidates.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?