20th March 2015, 01:53 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply in Indian Statistical Service if having B.Com and M.Com with Statistics?

Respected Sir,
I have done m y M.Com.
I want to apply for Indian Statistical Service.
I have Statistics in my B.Com and M.Com.
So I am eligible for applying?

Related Questions:
  1. Am i eligible for Indian Statistical Service exam after passing MSc Ag(Statistics)
  2. Am I eligible to apply for Indian Statistical Service exam if pursuing M.S. 3rd semester?
  3. Indian Statistical Service Exam, Statistics - IV Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  4. Indian Statistical Service Statistics - III Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  5. What kind of job is offered in Indian Statistical Service to M.Sc in Statistics student?
  6. Educational criteria for ISS and IES exam
  7. Detailed information and procedure to apply in Indian Statistical Service exam for B.Stats candidate? -- [New]
  8. Eligibility criteria for Indian Statistical Service after SYBSC(Statistics)?
  9. Minimum percentage required in B.Tech, 10th and 12th to sit for IES?
  10. Which is the best field that I can opt for better placements after 12th for a non Medical student?
  11. Indian Statistical Service Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  12. Can I appear in Indian Statistical Service exam with M.Sc degree of Open university?
  13. IES exam for 3rd year Engineering student? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. M.Sc Statistics from Karnataka State Open University is eligible for ISS Exam?
  15. Can I apply for Indian Statistical Service examination after M.Sc. (Mathematics)?
  16. When the notification of Indian Statistical Services recruitment exam will be released? Eligibility to apply?
  17. Details of course and study material for preparation of M.Sc Statistics at Indian Statistical Institute? Abroad universities that are providing M.Sc Statistical degree?
  18. Am I eligible for non statistical post? I have qualified for Tier II statistics paper
21st March 2015, 03:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply in Indian Statistical Service if having B.Com and M.Com with Statistics?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Indian Statistical Service examination after completion of your B.Com and M.Com course with Statistics as a subject. The ISS examination is conducted by UPCS every year and the eligibility criteria required to appear in ISS examination is mentioned below :-

1. Nationality :-
You must be a citizen of India.

2. Age Limit :-
You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as mentioned below :-
--> OBC :- 3 Years
--> SC/ST :- 5 Years

3. Educational Qualification :-
You must have obtained a Bachelor's Degree with Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Applied Statistics as one of the subject or a Master's degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/ Applied Statistics from a recognised University.

4. Physical Standards :-
You must be physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC ISS examination notification.

Since, you had pursued your Bachelor's degree (B.Com) and Master's degree (M.Com) course with Statistics as a subject from a recognised university, definitely you are eligible to appear in Indian Statistical Service examination.
21st March 2015, 04:08 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply in Indian Statistical Service if having B.Com and M.Com with Statistics?

Yes, you are certainly eligible to apply for Indian Statistical Service Examination being a Post Graduate in Statistics discipline. The detailed Educational qualification required and age required for ISS (Indian Statistical Service) Examination are given below.

Educational Qualification:

>> Candidates must have passed Post Graduation in Statistics or Mathematical Statistics or Applied Statistics from a recognized university or Institute.

>> Since you have master's Degree in Statistics discipline, I can say that you are very certainly eligible to apply for Indian Statistical Service Exam.

Age Criteria:

Minimum age: 21 years
Maximum age: 30 years
Age relaxation of 5 years in case of ST/ SC Candidates and 3 years in case of OBC Candidates is applicable as per government rules.
21st March 2015, 11:33 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you have eligibility to apply for the Indian Statistical Service Examination. For further clarification you have a look on the below eligibility criteria.

Eligibility for the Indian Statistical Service Examination :

1.You should complete the Masters degree in Mathematical Statistics/Applied Mathematics/Statistics from a recognized university.

2.That to you should have complete the graduation in any of the above branches from a recognized university.

3.Age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

The selection will be based in the 1.Written Test and 2.Interview.

Written Test : (1000 marks)

Interview : (200) marks.
22nd March 2015, 12:48 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
I have done m y M.Com.
I want to apply for Indian Statistical Service.
I have Statistics in my B.Com and M.Com.
So I am eligible for applying?
No, you are not eligible for Indian Statistical Service exam.

Indian Statistical Service is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

If you have completed bachelor’s degree with Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics as one of the subjects or a master’s Degree in Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a recognized University/ College/ Institutions are eligible for Indian Statistical Service exam.

Age should not be less than 21 years and more than 30 years and relaxation in upper age as per government guidelines which are as 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC category candidates

Pattern for Indian Statistical Service exam:-

General English - 100 marks
General Studies - 100 marks
Statistics - I - 200 marks
Statistics - II - 200 marks
Statistics - III - 200 marks
Statistics - IV - 200 marks

For more information of ISS exam, you can visit to the official website www.upsc.gov.in
24th March 2015, 09:59 AM
cuteneetu
Junior Member+

Hello dear , yes dear surely you can appy for INDIAN STATISTICS EXAM because you have done graduate and post graduate with the subject of statistics from the recognized university which is very important for ISS exam................... Essential qualification:- * you must have passed graduate or post graduate with statistics from the recognized university. * age must be 21 to 30 years. All the best thank you
15th February 2017, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

I am graduate of B.Com and had statistics as subject. Can I apply for Indian statistical services.
2nd April 2018, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

I am B.Sc (Hons) Mathematics. However I had statistics as one of the general subjects in my graduation course. Am I eligible for ISS exam?
30th August 2018, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

I am B.com with statistics has allied and MBA finance with statistics allied, am i eligible for statistical inspector post, please clarify.
5th July 2019, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have done b. Com honours in statistics. Am I eligible for jso exam?????
13th July 2019, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir am I eligible for Indian economics service exam and Indian statistical service exam after passing mcom general?
1st September 2019, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir ,I have done b.com and I had statistic as a subject in b.com second year can apply for IES and iss exam
24th March 2020, 02:17 AM
Unregistered

sir, i have done my graduation in commerce .can i apply for indian statistical services exam 2020?
11th June 2020, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply in indian statistical service if I having b.com
13th June 2020, 08:57 AM
Unregistered

I have completed m.com abst am I eligible for iss exam
13th September 2020, 03:21 AM
Unregistered

I am a b com student i have statistics as a subject can i apply for ies Or iss
16th September 2021, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

Sir
I have completed my bcom and mcom and both have one subject as statistics am I eligible for iss exam
16th September 2021, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

Am an m.com finance student. Can i write ISS exam
25th September 2021, 11:36 PM
Minal F

No,
Candidates who have completed post graduate degree in Economics/Applied Economics, Business Economics from a recognized university are Eligible to apply Imdiam Statistical Service.
9th April 2022, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my bcom can i apply for UPSC ISS post???
19th April 2022, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for ISS examination I have completed BCom,in 2nd year we have statistics as a subject
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?