1st August 2016, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

Does ex-servicemen get the same relaxation like other reserved categories in Railway Departmental exams?

I joined railway on 10th April 2012 as a special recruitment ex-serviceman in Trivandrum division Thrissur station in traffic department (TP). The railway had called for a department exam of TE last year. I applied for above post but my application rejected due to not completing three years service but for reserved category they need only two years service. Whether I belong to reserved category? What is the criteria for departmental exam for ex-serviceman?

1st August 2016, 07:52 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does ex-servicemen get the same relaxation like other reserved categories in Railway Departmental exams?

Yes, for getting relaxation you need to fulfill the service criteria. If you have not completed the required service then you will not be eligible.

The departmental exam is an internal examination and relaxation will not be same as other categories. You will not be treated as ex-servicemen for departmental exam which you have already got through that same quota.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?