4th March 2015, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply in SSC CGL recruitment exam for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer?

Hello friends,
I am B.Tech from Mechanical Engineering.
Can I apply for SSC CGL recruitment exam?
Please tell me as soon as possible
With regards-
Tina Dutta

5th March 2015, 10:42 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in SSC CGL recruitment exam for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer?

If you are a final year B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) candidate, you are certainly eligible to apply for SSC CGL Recruitment Examination. Otherwise i.e., if you are in 1st year, 2nd year or 3rd year you are not eligible to apply for SSC CGL Examination. To be eligible, you must have a minimum "Graduation" or "Bachelor Degree" in Engineering or in any discipline from a recognized university.

Apart from SSC CGL Examination, you are also eligible to apply for SSC Junior Engineering Recruitment Examination.

Date of Issue of SSC CGL Recruitment 2015 Notification - 14th March, 2015

Date of Issue of SSC Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical and Mechanical) Examination 2015 - 29th March, 2015

Click here For latest SSC recruitment notifications
5th March 2015, 04:37 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in SSC CGL recruitment exam for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello friends,
I am B.Tech from Mechanical Engineering.
Can I apply for SSC CGL recruitment exam?
Please tell me as soon as possible
With regards-
Tina Dutta
Yes, you are eligible for SSC CGL exam.

Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is an Indian government organization which will recruit staff members for the various posts in the various departments and ministries.

Minimum qualification required to apply for this examination is completing a degree course from a recognized Institution.

Age criteria:-

1. Sub Inspectors in CPOs – 20 years to 25 years
2. Assistant / Sub Inspector in CBI – 20 years to 27 years
3. Statistical Investigators – Maximum 26 years
4. For all other posts – 18 years to 27 years.
5th March 2015, 07:52 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for SSC CGL recruitment examination after completion of your B.Tech course in Mechanical Engineering. The SSC CGL examination is conducted by SSC for recruitment of candidates to different posts and the educational qualification is different for different posts as mentioned below :-

1. Educational Qualification :-
--> Compiler :- You must have completed Bachelor's Degree with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective subject from any recognized University.

--> Statistical Investigator Grade – II :- You must have completed Bachelor's Degree with Statistics as one of the main subjects from a recognised university.

-->All other Posts :- You must have completed Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized University.

2. Age Limit :-
--> Inspector of Income Tax/ Inspector (Central Excise)/Inspector (Preventive Officer)/Inspector (Examiner)/Inspector of Posts/ Assistant Enforcement Officer/Inspector (CBN) Compiler/ Divisional Accountant/ Auditors/ UDCs /Tax Assistants/ Junior Accountant & Accountant /Sub-Inspector (CBN) :- 18-27 Years

--> Statistical Investigator Gr.II :- You should not exceed 26 years of age.

--> Assistant/Sub Inspector in CBI :- 20-27 years.

Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?