12th August 2015, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply in UPSC SCRA entrance exam for a candidate who has secured 54% in 12th?

Hello,
I want to apply for UPSC SCRA entrance exam. I have completed my 12th Science and secured 54% marks. I am eligible to apply for this entrancce exam? Please let me know immediately.

19th August 2015, 09:03 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in UPSC SCRA entrance exam for a candidate who has secured 54% in 12th?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for SCRA entrance examination after completion of your 12th standard with an aggregate of 54% marks from a recognised board. Eligibility criteria required to appear in UPSC SCRA entrance examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised board.

3. You must have attained the minimum age of 17 years and must not have attained the maximum age of 21 years as on 01st January of the year of examination. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically fit as per Physical standards mentioned in the UPSC SCRA examination.
19th August 2015, 11:25 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in UPSC SCRA entrance exam for a candidate who has secured 54% in 12th?

Yes, you are certainly eligible to appear in Special Class Railway Apprentices (SCRA) Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year. SCRA releases its notification in the month of February and conduct the examination in the month of July. You are eligible to apply for SCRA Examination with the above mentioned percentage i.e., 54% marks. Basically there is no certain minimum percentage is required in order to be eligible for appearing in SCRA Examination and 12th Class PASS is adequate. Since there is no such minimum percentage criteria is required you are certainly eligible to apply for SCRA Examination.

Click here for More Details
20th August 2015, 01:41 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes absolutely you are eligible for SCRA ( Special Class Railway Apprentices ). Since for SCRA you need to have " 12th with minimum percentage of marks with Maths as one of the subject.

And there is No specific percentage required for UPSC SCRA. And also you need to fulfill the age requirements as well.

Minimum Age : 17 years

Maximum Age : 21 years.

Selection process :

-- Written Examination

-- Personal Interview

The Notification for SCRA will be released in the month of " February " and Date of Examination will be in the month of " July " .
20th August 2015, 10:12 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I want to apply for UPSC SCRA entrance exam. I have completed my 12th Science and secured 54% marks. I am eligible to apply for this entrancce exam? Please let me know immediately.
You have completed 12th standard with 54% marks from Science department so you are eligible for UPSC SCRA exam.

Applicant should have completed 12th examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognized School or equivalent qualification and candidates who are doing final year of 12th can also apply for this examination.

Age criteria:-

Lower age: 17 years
Upper age: 21 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?