2nd April 2015, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to join Indian Administrative Service for MBA-HR 27 years old candidate?

Hi,
I have completed my MBA in HR. My age is 27 now.
I want to apply in Indian Administrative Service.
Kindly let me know I am eligible for applying?
Please reply as soon as possible.

4th April 2015, 01:34 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to join Indian Administrative Service for MBA-HR 27 years old candidate?

Yes of course, you are definitely eligible to apply for Indian Administrative Service Examination. Indian Administrative Service Exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year. IAS Exam notification is not yet released. The notification will be released in the month of June/July in the official website of UPSC as well as Employment news paper.

Eligibility Criteria:

1. You must be a Citizen of India.

2. You should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent qualification.

3. No percentage bar is there to apply for this examination.

4. Those who have appearing in the final year of degree course may also apply.

5. You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years as on 1st August of the year of examination.

6. Upper age limits is applicable for reserved categories.
4th April 2015, 03:21 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to join Indian Administrative Service for MBA-HR 27 years old candidate?

You are certainly eligible to appear in "Indian Administrative Service" Examination being a 27 years old candidate. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for IAS Recruitment (UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam) is "Degree of a recognized university or its equivalent". Or candidates appearing in the requisite degree qualification are also eligible for appearing in the examination (final year candidates appearing in Exam) are eligible. As far as educational qualification is required, you have already met the required educational qualification age criteria.

Age Criteria required to be eligible for IAS Exam: (As on 1st August of the year of Exam)

>> Minimum age required - 21 years

>> Maximum age required - 30 years

Age relaxation will be applicable for reserved category candidates (SC/ ST/ PWD/ Ex-Servicemen/ OBC) as per government norms.

Since your age is just 27 years which is below the maximum age required, hence you are certainly eligible to appear in IAS Examination.
5th April 2015, 03:18 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

yes certainly you are eligible to apply for IAS Examination with your educational qualification and Age criteria. The reason is every student which has completed minimum graduation from the recognized university are eligible to apply for IAS.

As you said you have completed PG (MBA in HR ) so definitely you are eligible. More over coming to the Age criteria you should have the age in between 21 to 30 years as per government rules.

So according to the Eligibility criteria by the UPSC you are absolutely eligible to apply for Indian Administrative service Examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?