7th May 2012, 10:30 PM
Pooja dhatrak

Which exams should I give to become a IPS officer in india?

Me its pooja dhatrak i had given my 12th std .....nw i want to become an police so wich exams should i gve to become an ips office in india..??? pls do rply

9th May 2012, 05:27 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which exams should I give to become a IPS officer in india?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooja dhatrak View Post
Me its pooja dhatrak i had given my 12th std .....nw i want to become an police so wich exams should i gve to become an ips office in india..??? pls do rply
To get into the Indian Police Service and join as an Officer, you must be a graduate in any discipline within the age limit of 21-30 years, where the maximum age limit is relaxed upto 3 years for those belonging to OBC category and 5 years for SC/ST category.

Once you fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned above, you will have to write Civil Service Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. This is an common entrance examination for Indian Administrative Service, Indian Police Service, Indian Foreign Service and other civil services.

The examination comprise of two stages of written examination and an interview and you will have to qualify each stage to move on the next one.
The examination is conducted only once a year and in order to keep yourself updated regarding the upcoming Civil Service Examination, you must refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?