20th March 2015, 01:57 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to join Indian Administrative Service for M.Com candidate?

Hello,
I am doing M.Com and this is my first year.
I want to join Indian Administrative Service.
Kindly tell me my qualification is eligible
for joining Indian Administrative Service?
Please reply as soon as possible.

22nd March 2015, 08:19 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to join Indian Administrative Service for M.Com candidate?

Yes, you are eligible to join in Indian Administrative Service after completion of your B.Com course. To be eligible to join in Indian Administrative Service, you need to appear in IAS examination conducted by UPSC every year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in IAS examination is mentioned below :-

Eligibility Criteria :-
1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have obtained a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules as mentioned below :-
--> OBC :- 3 Years
--> SC/ST :- 5 Years

4. You must be Physically and Mentally fit.

Selection Process :-
1. Preliminary Examination
2. Mains Examination
3. Personal Interview

No. Of Attempts :-
--> General :- 4
--> OBC :- 7
--> SC/ ST :- No Limit

Since, you had already B.Com course and you are pursuing M.Com first year right now, definitely you are eligible to join Indian Administrative Service by qualifying IAS examination.
22nd March 2015, 08:24 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to join Indian Administrative Service for M.Com candidate?

Yes, you are eligible to join in Indian Administrative Service after completion of your B.Com course. To be eligible to join in Indian Administrative Service, you need to appear in IAS examination conducted by UPSC every year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in IAS examination is mentioned below :-

Eligibility Criteria :-
1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have obtained a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules as mentioned below :-
--> OBC :- 3 Years
--> SC/ST :- 5 Years

4. You must be Physically and Mentally fit.

Selection Process :-
1. Preliminary Examination
2. Mains Examination
3. Personal Interview

No. Of Attempts :-
--> General :- 4
--> OBC :- 7
--> SC/ ST :- No Limit

Since, you had already B.Com course and you are pursuing M.Com first year right now, definitely you are eligible to join Indian Administrative Service by qualifying IAS examination.
22nd March 2015, 09:55 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

You can join Indian Administrative Service exam which is conducted by UPSC every year.

Those candidate have completed graduation degree from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.There is not require any kind of percentage marks.

Age limit is between 21 to 30 years. The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Civil Service examination can be divided as three stages:-

Preliminary

Main exam

Interview

You can choose optional subject as per your strength.
23rd March 2015, 02:51 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am doing M.Com and this is my first year.
I want to join Indian Administrative Service.
Kindly tell me my qualification is eligible
for joining Indian Administrative Service?
Please reply as soon as possible.
Yes, you are eligible for Indian Administrative Service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman
31st March 2015, 02:10 AM
bichapoda

Yes your Eligible to apply for IAS Exam as your doing your M.Com, Because the minimum Qualification needed to apply for IAS exam is Graduation from a Recognized University.

IAS comes under Civil Services.

Civil Service exams are conducted by UPSC.

UPSC Stands for Union Public Service Commission.

To become a IAS Officer you need to apply for Civil Service exam and get Qualified in that.

Cracking Civil Service exam is not so easy as there will be high competition as its a Competitive exam.

You need to go for Coaching to make your self learn more tricks and tips to crack the exam.

To apply for Civil Service exam you need to apply online at the Official website of UPSC.

To know more about the date of exam and more visit the Official website of UPSC at :- http://www.upsc.gov.in/
2nd April 2015, 06:52 PM
Ashwakh

Beling a Graduation holder and doing Post graduation , you are eligible to apply for the IAS exam . You no need to worry about your Qualification .

* Generally , to apply for the IAS exam , one shouldhave completed Graduation . So , as you have completed Graduation , you can apply for the IAS exam . Note that , if you have completed your Graduation from a Recognised University then only you are eligible to appear for the exam .

* Minimum age shouldbe 21 years .
Maximum age limit for the General category candidates is 30 years only
Maximum age limit for the OBC Category candidates is 33 years.
Maximum age limit for the SC , ST category candidates is 35 years only

Maximum number of Attempts for General category candidates = 4
Maximum number of Attempts for the OBC Category candiates = 7
For SC , ST candidates there is no Limit in number of Attempts.
4th April 2015, 05:45 PM
amanshrivastava98

According to the notification released by the UPSC, the eligibility criteria for a candidate writing the civil services examination is as follows :

* The candidate should have done graduation in stream from a recognized university under the scheme of 10+2+3 of UGC.

* The candidate should be between 21-32 years of age (for general candidates)

* There is no certain fixed or minimum percentage criteria in the graduation.
4th April 2015, 11:27 PM
kunalroy89

The educational criteria for eligibility in Civil Services exam is that the candidate must be a Graduate from any subject but from a recognised University.
There is no minimum marks limit set for eligibility.
The age limit is 21-30years for General and 3years and 5years relaxation for OBC and SC/ST respectively.
You being a student of post graduation have only your age to check and if that is under the limit stated then you are perfectly eligible.
Check out website of UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in to know more details about Civil services exam and previous year papers.
5th April 2015, 05:03 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to join Indian Administrative Service after completion of degree from a recognized university.
The eligibility criteria to appear in IAS exam are as under:_
-Candidate should be a citizen of India with valid residence certificate.
- Candidate age should be in between 21 to 30 years for general category.There is relaxation in upper age limit for OBC by 3 yrs and for SC/ST 5 yrs.
- candidate should have graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.Final year appearing student can also apply for the exam.
11th December 2015, 09:58 PM
chetankonde943

yes,You are eligible for IAS. this exam is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) in once time in year.

ELIGIBILITY for IAS:-

1> Graduation course from any recognised university
2> Final year students are also applicable.
3> You should be Indian citizen.
4> Age Limit:

-General category student:- 21-30 years.
-OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
-SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

4>there is no percentage criteria.

The exam is conducted in three stages are –

1. preliminary exam.
2. main exam.
3. Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?