17th August 2013, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an IAS officer after completing B.Tech grauduation?

sir i am in class 12th and i want to become an ias oficer after completing my b.tech gradution so sir plzzzzzzzzzz tell wht can i do for it

18th August 2013, 08:33 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an IAS officer after completing B.Tech grauduation?

If you plans to do Bachelor of Technology then there isn't a need of doing anything else. After completing the B.Tech course you may apply for the Civil Services Examination which is conducted for the purpose of selecting candidates for Indian Administrative Service.

Apart from IAS, Civil Services Examination is also conducted for Indian Police Service, Indian Forest Service and much more.

The requirement for Indian Administrative Service is that you need to have a valid graduation degree. B.Tech is a valid graduation course if completed from a college recognized by the AICTE.

Right now your focus should be on completing 12th standard with as good marks as possible. Since the 12th standard score is considered during the Joint Entrance Exam which is conducted for the admission in All India Engineering Seats Quota and Indian Institutes of Technology.

Once you have completed B.Tech, start studying for the Indian Administrative Service entrance exam. You should study the NCERT books for 12th standard. Besides there are number of things to do.

You should work on your English, if required. Apart from that you should also read newspapers and political magazines. General Knowledge and Current Affairs are very important part of the Civil Services Examination.

IAS Eligibility

1. Nationality: The candidate should be a citizen of India.

2. Qualification: Graduation course completed from recognized college.

3. Marks: There is no requirement of minimum marks.

4. Age Limit: You should be minimum of 21 years old for IAS.

5. Age Limit: Upper age limit is 30 years for IAS.

6. Relaxation: A relaxation of 3 years for OBC.

7. Relaxation: A relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST.

8. Physical Requirements: None

Selection Process

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Exam

3. Interview
18th August 2013, 04:27 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an IAS officer after completing B.Tech grauduation?

For becoming an IAS officer you have to appear for an examination and score merit marks in it. You are a B.Tech. Graduate so are definitely eligible for IAS examination which is also known as Civil Services Examination.

The examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission and you can apply for this exam through an online application by visiting the official website. You have to wait for notification of next year which is 2014.

Age Limit for IAS Exam:

General Category : 21 - 30 years

OBC Category : 21 - 33 years

SC/ST Category : 21 - 35 years

Selection Procedure:

-Preliminary Exam

-Mains Exam

-Personality Test

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
18th August 2013, 05:54 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend if you become a IAS officer then first you crack Civil Services Exam.

You are eligible to apply IAS exam after completing B.Tech grauduation from a recognized University.

IAS stand for Indian Administrative Service.

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC under Civil Services exam in evry year.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate should be an Indian citizen.

Candidate should be completed Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

Age should be between 21 years to 30 years for General category candidates.

Age relaxation for OBC category candidates 3 years

And SC/ST category candidates 5 years.

Number of Attempts:-

General category candidates - 4 time

OBC category Candidates - 7 time

SC/ST category candidates - No limit.

Selection procedure :-

- Preliminary entrance exam

- Main entrance exam

- Interview

All the best......
18th August 2013, 06:29 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

Its good to see that you are interested in joining the Indian Administrative services after completing bachelor's degree in technology .

To be very honest this is very tough and competitive task for you to join the the IAS .For this you will have to appear for the Civil services examination by the UPSC.

As we all know that this is the toughest entrance exam of India where 2-3 lacs candidates give their best in study to get selected for the 800-900 seats in which relaxations are also there.

So you will have to give your level best with strong determination and courage for getting success in this exam.

There is nothing to worry as you are eligible in terms of academic qualification as bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university is minimum requirement.

Final year candidates can also apply .

The age limit to appear for the exam is 21-30 years .Relaxation of three years to obc candidates and five years to sc/st candidates.

You must be an Indian citizen.

In order to become IAS officer ,you will have to cross over three hurdles it means three stages of civil services exam:

>>Civil services aptitude test

>>Main exam

>>Personal interview.

Best institutes for preparation:

>>Rau's IAS study academy

>>Khan study group

>>Chanakya's IAS academy

>>ETEN IAS academy

>>Vajiram and Ravi IAS academy

You can join any one of the following for better preparation in short time during prefinal year or final year of engineering.

For any more details ,please visit www.upsc.gov.in

Hope the information helps and satisfies you.If have any more query you can leave your message here .We will reply you as soon as possible.

Best of luck for your career.

aashisranjan784
18th August 2013, 06:41 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

You want to join Indian civil services , which is appreciable. As you are in 12th standard, so you must have to complete your graduation degree , in whatever stream you like, but from a recognized college.
As the minimum educational requirement for this examination is a graduation degree.

IAS stands for the INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE.

This civil service examination is conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC) every year.
This civil service examination have three stages to be clear in order to be a IAS officer-
1. CSAT (CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST)
2. MAINS
3. INTERVIEW

Age limit for this examination is 21-30 years for the GENERAL candidates,
21-33 years for the OBC candidates,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates.

Exam pattern-

Number of Attempts:-

General category candidates - 4 time

OBC category Candidates - 7 time

SC/ST category candidates - No limit.

For more information, please visit- www.upsc.gov.in

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
18th August 2013, 08:20 PM
gkshivaraj0055
Member+

hi.......!

if you have plans to do BACHALOR OF TECHNOLOGY then there isn't a need of doing anything else After completing the B.TECH cource you may apply for the CIVIL service. Examinaton which is conduct for the purpose of selecting the candidates for the Indian Administrative Service.

Apart from IAS, Civil service service Examination is also conducted for Indian police Service, then Indian Forest Service and much more.The requriment for Indian Administrative Service is that you need to have a graduation Degree. B.TECH is the valid graduation course if completed from a college recognised by the AICTE.

Right now your focus should be on completing the 12th standard with a good persentange. Since the 12th standard score is consired during the joint entrance exam which is conducted for the admission in all India Enginnering seats quota and Indian Instuitute of Technology.

once you have compleated B.TECH. start studing for the INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE.

*ELIGIBILITY*
# Age limit for General category : 21-30 years
# Age limit for OBC category : 21-33 years
# Age limit for SC/ST category : 21-35 years

*SELECTION PROCESS*
# Preliminary Exam :
#Mains Exam :
# Personality Test :

@ BEST OF LUCK @
19th August 2013, 11:13 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i am in class 12th and i want to become an ias oficer after completing my b.tech gradution so sir plzzzzzzzzzz tell wht can i do for it

IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service Examination .

If you have completed Graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.There is no marks criteria.Final year student are applicable for IAS Exam.

Age criteria :-

General category student candidate 21-30 years.

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Attempt Limit:-

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS Exam :-

1) Preliminary Test
2)Mains Exam
3)Personal Interview.

IAS Exam notification is already over for this year because Last date of Receipt of Application by post is 04.03.2013 .So you can wait for one year more .

So if you have completed B-Tech degree then you can apply here next year .

You can apply for this exam through online or offline by UPSC exam .The Cost of Examination Application form Rs.100/- for General and OBC candidates and Free for SC/ST candidates .

For more details about IAS exam please visit to www.upsc.gov.in
19th August 2013, 10:42 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. This examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. Other civil service exam like IAS which is also conducted by UPSC are:- IPS, IFS etc.

The registration process for this year's IAS exam is already over. The registration process started from March and ended in April and the exam took place on 26 May 2013.

The whole registration process is conducted online and you need to complete the formality by clicking on the official website of UPSC. The application fee is Rs. 100 which can be paid either by emitting the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India.

IAS Exam Eligibility Criteria:-
  • You must be a citizen of India.
  • You must be a graduate from a recognized university or a deemed university.
  • If you possess professional and technical qualification recognised by Government equivalent to the professional and technical degree then also you can apply.
  • If you have already passed the final professional M.B.B.S. or any other Medical Examination but have not completed your internship by the time of submission of your application for the Civil Services (Main) Examination then also you are eligible.
  • If you are appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree and awaiting result then also you can apply.
  • The lower age limit for giving this exam is 21 years and the upper age limit is 30 years.
Selection Procedure:-

Whoever wants to become an IAS officer needs to go through the following hurdles:-
  1. Preliminary Examination
  2. Main Examination:- Written Exam + Interview Session.
Official Website of UPSC:- http://www.upsconline.nic.in

Hope this helps :-> :->
21st August 2013, 08:16 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

IAS stands for Indian [B]A[/Bdministrative Service.

Union Public Service Commission conducting this exam every year once. Yeah yes after completion of your b.tech you are absolutely eligible for IAS exam. Eligibility and other details are given below.

Eligibility criteria:-

Applicant should have to complete graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.

Percentage is not important to appear this examination.

Final year graduation appearing students are also eligibe.

Applicant must be a citizen of India.

Age limits and relaxation details:-

Minimum age limit:
21 years,

Maximum age limit: 30 years,

Relaxation:

Three years for OBC category candidates,

Five years for SC/ST category candidates,

Ten years for PWD category candidates.

Selection steps:-

Civil Services Preliminary examination,

Civil Services Mains examination,

Personal Interview.

Limitation in attempts:-

4 times for General candidates,

7 times for OBC candidates,

No limit for SC/ST candidates.

Best books for IAS exam:-

IAS Prelimis/CSAT, 18 years General studies,
Published by : Disha publications,

The Pearson manual 2013,
Published by: Pearson,

CSAT Comprehensive manual 2013,
Published by: UPSC Portal,

IAS (Pre) solved papers General studies,
Published by: Arihant publications.

¤¤¤All the best¤¤¤
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?