1st February 2017, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

How to become an income tax officer after architecture?

I am final year Architecture student. I am in 10 semester now. I want to become an income tax officer. My general knowledge is very poor but I still want to be an income tax officer. I am a hardworking student. Kindly tell me what can I do?

2nd February 2017, 04:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an income tax officer after architecture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am final year Architecture student. I am in 10 semester now. I want to become an income tax officer. My general knowledge is very poor but I still want to be an income tax officer. I am a hardworking student. Kindly tell me what can I do?
After completion of graduation degree, you can apply SSC CGL exam which is conducted for Income Tax Officer exam.

Minimum qualification required to apply for SSC CGL examination is completing a degree course from a recognized University.

Your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.

Age relaxation-

Upper age relaxation for OBC is upto 3 years.
For SC/ ST , it is upto 5 years.
For PWD it is upto 10 years.
2nd February 2017, 08:19 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

To become an Income Tax Officer a candidate must have earned a bachelor's degree irrespective of stream. You already have completed your Architecture course which is also considered as a bachelor degree hence you are eligible to write the exam of CGL (Combined Graduate Level) which is conducted by the SSC (Staff Selection Commission). The age of the candidate should be in between 21 to 30 years of age there is also upper age relaxation available for the reserved candidates. For SC/ST 05 years and for OBC/PH candidate the upper age limit is 03 years.
2nd February 2017, 09:25 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to become an Income Tax Officer after Architecture course:

In order to become an Income Tax Officer, you are required to follow a certain procedure. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for becoming an Income Tax Officer is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. As Architecture course is a Bachelor Degree, I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to become Income Tax Officer. For this you are required to apply for CGL Recruitment Examination that is conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC). As you are poor at General Knowledge subject, I suggest you to take the help of best coaching institute in order to overcome fear on GK Subject.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?