13th August 2015, 10:38 AM
Shweta shivhare

Being a B.Com student what should I do become an Income Tax Officer?

I m in my 1st sem of b.com and i want to become a income tax officer so what should i do for achieve my goal of getting into Income tax department?

13th August 2015, 07:05 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Being a B.Com student what should I do become an Income Tax Officer?

# Best way to become an Income Tax Officer, one should apply for Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE) conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) every year which is primarily meant to fulfil up the vacant posts in various department and ministries of Union Government.

# Required educational qualification:

* Must be graduate in any stream from recognised university.
* Candidates in final year of graduation are also allowed to appear.
* Only pass percentage marks required.

# Required age limit:

* 18-27 years for General category
* 18-30 years for OBC category
* 18-32 years for SC/ST category
* 18-37 years for Physically Handicapped category.

# Scheme of Examination:

* Tier-I Examination (Objective Type Test)
* Tier-II Examination (Objective Type Test)
* Skill Test (Computer Proficiency Test) or Personal Interview

# General pattern of Tier-I Examination:

* General English (total 50 questions carrying total 50 marks)
* Quantitative Aptitude (total 50 questions carrying total 50 marks)
* General Studies & Current Affairs (total 50 questions carrying total 50 marks)
* Reasoning Ability (total 50 questions carrying total 50 marks)

# General pattern of Tier-II Examination:

* General English (total 200 questions carrying total 200 marks)
* Quantitative Aptitude (total 200 questions carrying total 200 marks)

# Names of few useful books in the preparation of SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination are mentioned below:

* Non Verbal Reasoning by Prabhat Javed
* Objective Arithmetic by S.L. Gulati
* Analytical Reasoning by A.K. Pandey
* Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggrawal
* Dilhan Publication's Numerical Aptitude for Banking
* English for Competitive Examination by A.K. Kapoor
* English for Competitive Examination by Harimohan Prash
* Arihant's Objective English
* Pearson Guide to English Language
* Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Aggrawal
* Quicker Maths by M. Tyra
* Lucent's General Studies
* Arihant's General Studies
13th August 2015, 08:15 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Being a B.Com student what should I do become an Income Tax Officer?

Your are now in first semester of bachelor of commerce and aspiring to become Income tax officer, its good that you have taken an early initiative to become Income tax officer and setting up your career goal.

To be Income tax officer, you must have minimum educational qualification of bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates are also allowed to apply for the exam.

You can apply for the Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate level exam while pursuing final semester of bachelor's degree in commerce and clear all the stages written test and interview to become Income tax officer.
13th August 2015, 08:35 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, being the B.Com 1st semester you are not eligible to become an Income tax officer. To become an Income tax officer the candidates need to appear and qualify in the SSC CGL examination.

The eligibility to appear for the SSC CGL examination is candidates who have passed the graduation in any desired subject from a recognised university. The examination is conducted in the three stages and the candidates have to qualify in all the stages for the final selection.

So you cannot appear in the examination but can prepare for the examination to crack kn the very first attempt.
13th August 2015, 10:23 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

First you should complete your bachelor's degree in commerce then only you can become eligible for the entrance examination of Income Tax Officer.

You must know that entrance examination for Income Tax officer is SSC CGL. It is called Combined Graduate level exam. A candidate must have done graduation or in final year of it to become eligible for this exam.

You will have to clear Tier I, II and interview of this exam to become Income tax officer after bachelor's degree.
14th August 2015, 12:55 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

No.You are not eligible to apply for income tax officer if you are appearing in 1st year B.com.If you want to become income tax officer , then you will have to complete your graduation in B.com.then after you can apply for entrance exam SSC for the post Income tax assistant OR Income tax inspector.then after you can get promotion as a Income tax officer after qualifying departmental exam.

Eligibility

Qualification
You must have passed your graduation from recognized university
Age Limit
Your age should be between 18 to 27 years for General category.Relaxation applicable 3 Years for OBC & 5 Years for SC/ST

Selection
- Tier I
- Tier II
- Interview
- Candidates who have qualified Tier I will be eligible for Tier II exam.Candidates who have passed Tier II will be eligible to appear to Interview.

Syllabus
》Reasoning
》Arithmetic Ability
》English Comprehension
》General Awareness
》Numerical Aptitude
14th August 2015, 12:35 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shweta shivhare View Post
I m in my 1st sem of b.com and i want to become a income tax officer so what should i do for achieve my goal of getting into Income tax department?
To become an income tax officer, you should qualify in SSC CGL exam. So if you once successfully complete SSC CGL Tier I and II exam and interview exam then you are eligible for Income Tax Officer post.

Minimum qualification required to apply for this examination is completing a degree course from a recognized Institution.

Your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.

Age relaxation-

Upper age relaxation for OBC is upto 3 years.
For SC/ ST , it is upto 5 years.
For PWD it is upto 10 years.
15th August 2015, 12:03 AM
Mohit.Bansal

You can apply for the post of income tax officer only while appearing in final year of your graduation or after completing graduation.
For Income Tax Officer you have to apply for SSC CGL exam. The exam is conducted every year.

For SSC CGL you need graduation and your age must be within 18 years to 27 years.

You have to apply for the exam online on following linkhttp://ssconline.nic.in/
15th August 2015, 01:26 AM
JSD.

Income tax officer examinations held by the staff service Commission.Every year it takes the exam.The basic eligibility criteria for this exam is to have a bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.Also the age of aspirant must lie between 18 to 27/year.
15th August 2015, 08:18 PM
sai215

Re: Being a B.Com student what should I do become an Income Tax Officer?

First of all compete your B.Com course after that you can do become a Income Tax Officer

Income Tax Officer exam conducted by SSC ( Staff Selection Commission ) every year of for appointment pf ITO under Central Govt.

Eligibility Criteria :-----------

You should have passed out graduation from a recognized university
You should have a minimum of 50% mark sin your graduation
Your age limit should be 18 - 28 years
Age Relaxation : OBC - 3 years, SC/ST - 5 years
You must be a Citizen of Indian

All the best........
16th August 2015, 12:57 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

No, being the B.Com 1st semester you are not eligible to become an Income tax officer.

For Income Tax Officer you have to apply for SSC CGL exam. The exam is conducted every year.

For SSC CGL you need graduation and your age must be within 18 years to 27 years.

Selection

Tier I

Tier II

Interview

Candidates who have qualified Tier I will be eligible for Tier II exam.Candidates who have passed Tier II will be eligible to appear to Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?