21st March 2017, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

How to become a police officer?

Hi Sir, I am studying in 1st year. I want to became a police officer. Please help me my name is Hemanth Kumar. My phone number is 9666591565 7674877025. Help me Sir. How to became a police this is my life ambition.

21st March 2017, 10:57 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a police officer?

In order to become an IPS officer you are required to meet certain criteria to be eligible. You are required to apply for IPS recruitment to become an Officer in Police department.

>> You are required to appear in CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

>> The minimum qualification required to be eligible is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> I suggest you to first complete Graduation and then you can apply for this IPS recruitment based on the criteria.

>> You are required to qualify Prelims and Mains followed by Interview in order to become an Officer in Police Department.
22nd March 2017, 12:51 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who are interested to become a Police Officer should have to appear for Civil Services entrance examination and for that they must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

> Candidate should have completed their graduation in any discipline from a recognized college/university.

> The age limit is 21 to 32 years, for SC/ST it is 37 years and for OBC it is 35 years.

> Candidate should be an Indian citizen.

> Height should be 165 cms and 150 cms for women.

> Chest expansion should be 79 cms for women and 84 cms for men.

> Normal eyesight of 6/6 or 6/9 is necessary.

The selection will be done on the basis of marks secured in the examination followed by physical test and personal interview.
21st May 2019, 11:16 AM
Rahimaan

Steps to Becoming a Police Officer

1. Obtain high school diploma or GED.

2. Meet other minimum requirements.

3. Obtain a bachelor's degree (optional).

4. Pass the law enforcement entrance exam.

5. Graduate from the police academy.

6. Work toward a promotion.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?