26th September 2016, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

How to become a railway engine driver?

I am doing B.Sc with chemistry and also B.Sc with industrial science both together. I want to become a railway engine driver. What shall I do for it? Please help me.

26th September 2016, 09:42 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a railway engine driver?

As you are studying B.Sc chemistry and B.Sc industrial science together, so with this qualification you are eligible to become an engine driver.

RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) conducts an entrance examination for the above mentioned position.

Eligibility criteria to appear for RRB examination for engine driver post:

* To apply for this examination you should have passed in your 10th standard from a recognized board.

* You should have an ITI qualification in specific trade.

* Your age should be in between 18 to 30 years.

After clearing the examination, you will be called for personal interview and your training session will start.

After the training, you will be appointed as a diesel or electric locomotive assistant driver at first. As time will pass you will keep getting experienced and hence, after that you can get promoted as a railway engine driver.
26th September 2016, 10:42 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

To appear for this examination it is necessary to have ITI degree or diploma in Engineering to appear for loco pilot entrance examination.

So, with B.E degree in mechanical engineering you are eligible to appear for ALP (Assistant Loco Pilot) entrance examination conducted by Railway Requirement Board.
27th September 2016, 01:39 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to become a railway driver you should have a minimum qualification of either Diploma/ITI/B.Tech, etc, in order to be eligible to apply for the RRB examination for the above mentioned post.

After clearing he examination, you will be allotted the post of Assistant Loco Pilot and with experience, you will be upgraded to the post of railway driver for commercial vehicles and then later on for passenger train.
28th September 2016, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

I am studying diploma in mechanical engineering, after I pass out how can I apply for engine driver
24th November 2016, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

I am doing with scince biology i want to become a train driver. What shall i do for it
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?