10th March 2015, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an Indian Forest Service Officer if completed 12th Commerce?

Hello,
I have completed my 12th with Commerce.
I want to become an Indian Forest Service Officer.
Kindly tell me from now onward what I have to
do for achieving my aim?
Please help me.

12th March 2015, 07:02 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an Indian Forest Service Officer if completed 12th Commerce?

No, you cannot become an Indian Forest Service Officer after completion of your 12th standard with Commerce stream. To become an IFS officer, you need to appear in IFS examination which is conducted by UPSC every year and the eligibility criteria required to appear in IFS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and must not have crossed the maximum age of 32 years.

3. You must have obtained a Bachelor's degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering from any recognised university.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IFS examination notification.

Since, you have not completed your Graduation, you are not eligible to appear in IFS examination. So, in order to achieve your aim, you must have to complete your Graduation and then, you are eligible to appear in IFS examination. By qualifying the written test and interview rounds, you are finally selected into Indian Forest Services.
5th April 2015, 09:56 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an Indian Forest Service Officer if completed 12th Commerce?

Indian Forest Exam is conducted by the UPSC Every year and if you want to go for further proceedings then you must write the Civils (Prelims). Then you have the Eligibility for IFS.

Eligibility Criteria for IFS :

1.You should complete the graduation in Maths,Physics ,Geology,Chemistry ,Zoology,Botany ,Statistics etc., from the recognized university.

2.You should have a Age in between 21 to 30 years and there is a age relaxation as per government rules.

Important dates for IFS Examination :

Date of Notification : 16/05/2015

Last date to submit the application form : 12/06/2015

Date of Examination : 23/08/2015 (Civil's Prelims )

Mains (IFS ) Examination : 21/11/2015.
5th April 2015, 09:24 PM
DineshKumar_01

No, you cannot become a indian forest service officer if completed 12th commerce. You need to appear UPSC and Indian forest examination to become a indian forest officer.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR APPLYING IFS:

1. Candidate must be a citizen of India.

2. Candidate must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and must not have crossed the maximum age of 32 years.

3. Candidate must have obtained a Bachelor's degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering from any recognised university.

4. Candidate must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IFS examination notification.
16th April 2015, 12:53 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Dear we are sorry to inform you that you are not eligible to apply for this examination because this exam is especially designed for candidates of biology/ science/ agriculture/ engineering field not for BA or B.Com or BCA holders so you should drop this idea because only those candidates can apply for this test who have following qualification :

A bachelor's degree in any one of the - Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science or Biology or Botany or Chemistry or Mathematics or Statistics or Physics from a recognized university OR

A bachelor's degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering discipline from a recognized university.

Age must be less than 21 years and more than 30 years and relaxation in upper age as per government rules that is upto 03 years for OBCs and 05 years for SC/ST category candidates.

You have no option to choose IFoS as your career option but there are some other fields in which you can try and get a good job.

UPSC conduct IAS examination which is almost better job than that of IFoS so you should start preparation for this exam because any graduate candidates can apply for this test and after passing you can have a dream and powerful job in life.

Other than the jobs of UPSC, you should also apply for job in Banks for PO and clerk post, Insurance sector for AAO and Assistant jobs, Railways ASM jobs, SSC CGL, SI and CHSL jobs etc.

So many options are there, you just have to decide which one to choose and start working harder to get that job and if you do so then you may secure your future with a very good government department with a reputed job.
17th April 2015, 04:32 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

At this time you are not eligible to appear for IFS exam but after completion of your graduation degree from a recognized university,you can apply for the exam.

UPSC conduct IFS exam every year for recruitment in Indian Forestry Services.

The eligibility required to join IFS are as under:-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India with valid residence certificate.

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years for general category candidates.There is relaxation in upper age limit for OBC candidates by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The candidate must posses a graduation degree from a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering or equivalent.

-The candidates who are in the final year of a degree course can also appear in the preliminary exam conducted by UPSC.

-IFS Exam Pattern consist of

Paper I for General English and Paper II for General Knowledge of 300 Marks each.

Paper III, IV, V & VI - Any two subjects to be selected from the list of optional subjects. Each subject will have two papers of 200 Marks for each paper.

Total marks for written examination is 1400 Marks.

Interview for Personality Test is of 300 Marks.
2nd September 2019, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of class 11 with pcm as a subject. Can I apply for ifs or ips exam.
23rd October 2020, 12:36 AM
Priya Dhongade

If you want to work in Indian forest service then you have to clear the upsc cse examination and for that you have to complete your graduation with any stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?