20th July 2015, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

How can I become Inspector in Indian Police Force being 26 years old Computer Engineer?

Hi my name is Bidyut i am from assam completed btech in computer science in 2014 i am 26 years old how can i become a police inspector in indian police force please reply thank you so much

20th July 2015, 06:37 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can I become Inspector in Indian Police Force being 26 years old Computer Engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi my name is Bidyut i am from assam completed btech in computer science in 2014 i am 26 years old how can i become a police inspector in indian police force please reply thank you so much
Eligibility Criteria:

You should have completed degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. No percentage bar are required to apply for this examination. You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years at the time of appearing for this examination. Upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories.

The exam notification will be published in the month of April or May in the official website of their respective state. Even, you can apply for IPS examination. To become an IPS officer, you need to crack the civil service examination, which is conducted by UPSC. The basic qualification to apply for this examination is that the candidate should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized university. Age should be between 21-30 years.
20th July 2015, 06:44 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become Inspector in Indian Police Force being 26 years old Computer Engineer?

Staff selection commission conducts exam for sub inspector post and you can surely apply apply for it. Graduation is the minimum criteria for this job and you have to crack exam for getting job.

There will be written exam and physical efficiency test to prepare merit list for selection. Also you have to pass medical test then only you will be allowed to join.
20th July 2015, 10:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
You have completed B.Tech in Computer Science so you are eligible for Indian Police force through Civil Service exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts
20th July 2015, 10:43 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yeah you can apply for joining in IPS by writing the IPS exam conducted by UPSC (union Public Service Commission) and is held every year. The eligibility needed for joining in IPS are:

Nationality:

# Candidate should have a citizenship in India

Age Limit:

# The age limit needed for general category candidate is 21-30 years.

# For SC/ST it is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years.

Educational Qualification:

# The educational qualification needed for applying for IPS exam is, candidate should have completed a degree in any stream from a recognized university.

# Even final year appearing candidate is eligible for applying.

Physical Standard:

If you tend to satisfy all the above criteria's needed then you can apply for IPS exam. Candidates are selected through:
  1. Preliminary Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Interview

For more info regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?