23rd September 2015, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

How can I enter in DRDO being a B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) student and preparing for GATE?

Respected Sir,
I want to ask you about qualification in order to enter in DRDO. I am studying B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from KSV University of Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
What should I like to do to enter in DRDO? I am also preparing for GATE.

19th September 2016, 01:37 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I enter in DRDO being a B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) student and preparing for GATE?

DRDO (Defence Research Development Organization) issues official notification for filling up several posts namely Scientist or Engineers. So you are required to apply for that recruitment whenever this notification gets released. And besides this there are many ways you can enter into DRDO. They are,

>> Through Direct Entry through Scientist Entry Test (SET)
Eligibility: 1st Class B.E/ B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering

>> Through Campus Selection
Eligibility: Final year/ Pre-Final year Student of B.E/ B.Tech who have cleared their papers with minimum 65% marks

As you are appearing in GATE Examination, it will be very easy for you to apply for Scientist/ Engineer recruitment.

19th September 2016, 02:11 PM
PAN2HELP

Default Re: How can I enter in DRDO being a B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) student and preparing for GATE?

It is a very good choice to go for DRDO. After completing your B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering you can go for it and apply.

Eligibility Criteria :

Three years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Production/ Automobile/ Refrigeration/ Air Conditioning/ Maintenance from recognized Technical Board/ Institute.

And i also want to tell you that preparing for GATE is also a good option. If can score good there you can directly apply for many companies like SAIL, IOCL etc. So keep preparing for GATE.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?