14th April 2017, 02:19 AM
Unregistered

How can I join ISRO after studying mechanical engineering?

Hello Sir, my name is Jaimin. I am studying in mechanical engineering in first year Gujarat. My ambition is join ISRO. So, how to join ISRO? Please guide me and how to prepare in join ISRO. After B.Tech completion which exam give. I want to join ISRO please guide me.

14th April 2017, 08:34 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: How can I join ISRO after studying mechanical engineering?

You are in the final year of your Engineering degree and want to join ISRO. Basically ISRO conducts Scientists Exam every year for the recruitment of Electronics, Mechanical and Computer Science discipline students.

>>So for getting job in ISRO you have to qualify the written exam followed by Interview. Since the questions asked in the written exam is basic one. So you have to prepare your core subjects well and also you can download the previous year question paper from its official website.

>>If you still have any doubt regarding the age limit, eligibility criteria, exam pattern etc then you can go through the detailed notification in below attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Notification-ISRO-Scientist-Engineer-Posts.pdf(1.03 MB, 95 views)
14th April 2017, 10:32 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to join ISRO after completion of Mechanical Engineering:

There is a certain procedure which you have to follow in order to join ISRO after successful completion of Mechanical Engineering course. As you are presently pursuing 1st year of Mechanical Engineering, I suggest you to concentrate well on studies (Graduation) course first and after completion of BE, you will be eligible to apply for the recruitment.

ISRO issues official notification for filling up vacancies for the posts of Engineer or Scientist in ISRO for which the minimum qualification is B.E/ B.Tech with minimum 65% marks. So I suggest you to first complete Graduation in order to be eligible and after completion of the course you may apply for ISRO Scientist or Engineer recruitment whenever ISRO issues it's recruitment notification.

Click here for More Details
14th April 2017, 12:21 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to join ISRO after studying Mechanical Engineering:-

You can apply in ISRO Scientist post after doing Mechanical Engineering

Educational Qualification:-

Minimum 65% marks in B.Tech is require to join in ISRO

Age limit:-

The minimum age limit is 21 years and maximum age limit is 29 years

But you need to work hard because there is quit big competition for the ISRO openings. More details will be available in ISRO website.
14th April 2017, 01:19 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

ISRO stands for Indian Space Research Organisation and they recruits candidates for various positions every year. In order to join ISRO, you should have completed your B.Tech/B.E with minimum 65% marks from a recognized institute. Your age should not exceed 30 years and age relaxation will be applicable as per government norms. ISRO conducts their own entrance examination to select the eligible candidates. You can also appear for GATE examination. The selection of the candidates will be based on the marks secured in the examination followed by personal interview.
14th April 2017, 08:41 PM
ranu shahi

After studying mechanical engineering, you can join ISRO as a engineer scientist.

The eligibility criteria for this are:--
65% aggregate in BE or B.Tech.
Age limit-- 35 years, 5 years relaxation for SC/ST and 3 years relaxation for OBC.

Selection through--
Written exam
Interview.

And you can apply for this on ISRO official website http://www.isro.gov.in through online application.
14th April 2017, 09:54 PM
kalamrockz

You should go for PG in mechanical and after completion of your degree, you can go for ISRO entrance examination, you will have to do well in your examination and try to score the minimum cut-off mentioned in order to get into ISRO.

Prepare well for the examination as ISRO entrance examination is not that easy to crack.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?