14th November 2016, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

How can I prepare for Civil exams? Which books I need to study for Civil exams?

Respected Sir, how can I prepare for Civil exams? Which books I need to study for Civil exams? Please tell me how can I study to crack the exam?

Related Questions:
  1. How should I prepare for Civil services exam? Books to be referred?
  2. How to prepare for Civil Services? Books to be referred?
  3. What is the syllabus for civil PWD exam? What are the government exams available for fresher civil engineers?
  4. List of books to refer for government exams after completion of B.E Civil engineering?
  5. What to do to prepare for Civil Service Exams? How to prepare while studying in LLB?
  6. Which books should I refer for diploma trainee civil exam?
  7. cbi (central bureau of investigation) exam details? cretieria? how to apply? forms? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How to prepare for RRB Junior Engineer civil exams? Books that are to be referred?
  9. How to prepare for Civil Services exams while doing 2nd year in graduation in Horticulture? Preferred books for preparation of General Studies?
  10. Do we need to go for coaching for getting Civil government jobs?
  11. What are the competitive exams I need to prepare for to get the government job while doing my B.E final year civil engineering?
  12. Details about Civil services exams? How may I get study materials and coaching? List of books considered important for preparation
  13. Procedure and Required Eligibility criteria to give IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing MCA course? Where can I get the forms to apply for this Exam? Which Books should I refer for this Exam if my subject is Commerce?
  14. How to prepare for civil judge exam? Solved question papers for the same?
  15. How to prepare for Civil Judge Exam? Solved question papers?
  16. What should I do to prepare for IAS exam? I am a Civil Engineering student
  17. How to get admission in abroad for MS in Civil engineering? I am studying B.E Civil
  18. Difference between civil services exams and group exams? I am pursuing CA(Articals)
15th November 2016, 09:06 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for Civil exams? Which books I need to study for Civil exams?

Civil Services examination is one of the toughest examination of India. This examination requires strong determination, hard labour and consistent self study of 7-8 hours every day. In recent days, newspapers which contains relevant information like The Hindu has become very important for clearing this examination. You need to read daily newspapers and understand contemporary issues. For basic concepts of social science subjects, you can read NCERT or NIOS books.

There are many books available in market for preparation of this examination and its different subjects but you need to stick to standard and recommended books. Important books for preparation are:

>>Polity by DD Basu plus Laxmikant.

>>Physical Geography by Savindra Singh and by G.C Leong.

>>Indian Constitution by S C Kashyap.

>>Economics by Sanjeev Verma and then by Ramesh Singh.

>>History by Bipan Chandra and Tamil Nadu state books.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?