6th June 2018, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

How to get job in Income Tax Department for MA(Economics) student?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am studying MA with Economics course. I want to get job in Income Tax Department. So, I would like to know that how I can get job in this department. Please let me know about this immediately. Thank you!

Related Questions:
7th June 2018, 08:57 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get job in Income Tax Department for MA(Economics) student?

For job in Income tax department, you can apply for exams like UPSC Civil Services and SSC CGL. Civil services will help you get officer level jobs and CGL will help you get lower level jobs in department.

Graduation is the minimum qualification required for it. Just make sure your age is between 21 to 32 years. Being an MA Economics postgraduate, you can apply for UPSC economic services exams too.
9th June 2018, 06:06 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

There are so many posts recruited in Income Tax Department of India every single year such as - Income Tax Inspector, Tax Assistant, Lower Division Clerk, Data Entry Operator, PS and AO Grade, Stenographer, Group D level posts and many other and if you want to join income tax at Group C or B level then there are few ways to join income tax for the post of Tax Assistant Group C, Lower Division Clerk Group C and Inspector of Income Tax Group B through following exams :

SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination for Tax Assistant and Income Tax Inspector post in Group C and B respectively :

This examination is conducted every single year by SSC board and if you want to apply for this examination then you must have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a reputed university. As you are pursuing MA in Economics means completed bachelor's degree then you can apply for this examination.

There are different tiers to qualify this exam in which candidates have to clear - prelims and mains exam then interview process and other required tests then you can become Group B level Inspector of Income Tax.

If you want to become Tax Assistant Group C level then you have to clear prelims and mains exam then typing test on computer means there will be no interview conducted for Group c level posts so candidates become tax assistant in this group.

LDC Recruitment in SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination : SSC conduct this examination every year for the post of LDC and DEO so you can become LDC in income tax by giving this exam and passing all the stages.

Apart from these exams, income tax department separately conduct exams for various posts so you should be updated with the latest information available on the official website of income tax department and information regarding these above exams may be collected from official website of SSC.
2nd July 2022, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

M A
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?