28th July 2016, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

How to get job in Indian Railway after passing 12th with Humanities subject? Which types of post can I get?

Hello sir, I have completed 12th with Humanities subject and got 72% marks. I am 20 years old and I want to get job in Indian Railway. How to get job in Indian Railway? Which types of job can I get in Railway?

29th July 2016, 11:26 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get job in Indian Railway after passing 12th with Humanities subject? Which types of post can I get?

There is one entrance exam called Traveling Ticket Examiner examination for which 12th candidates with humanities subject can apply.

Eligibility for TTE examination:

*Candidate must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board.

*Age is 18-30 years. Reserved category candidates can avail upper age relaxation.

You can apply for TTE exam when notification comes. Entrance exam consists of question from aptitude, reasoning, english and general knowledge.
30th July 2016, 12:47 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get job in Indian Railway after passing 12th with Humanities subject? Which types of post can I get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I have completed 12th with Humanities subject and got 72% marks. I am 20 years old and I want to get job in Indian Railway. How to get job in Indian Railway? Which types of job can I get in Railway?

In railways the recruitment will be done through Railway Recruitment Board (RRB). The RRB will conduct written test and interview for the selection. So to get a job the candidate has to appear & clear the written test and the interview. The 12th pass candidates can appear for various jobs in Indian Railways. The candidates need to check the RRB advertisement in Newspapers and in the RRB website. The HSC pass candidates can apply for the Ticket Examiner, Clerk cum Typist, Group ‘C’ vacancies, Group ‘D’ vacancies, Constable, Clerk and Goods Guard. The RRB website link is Click Here
30th July 2016, 03:11 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get job TTE in Indian Railways after completion of 10+2 board exams with Humanities stream. TTE is Traveling Ticket Examiner. The educational qualification required for TTE job is that you must have done 10+2 from any discipline from any recognized board of India. Even 10+2 appearing candidates can apply for this examination.

The age limit for TTE in Railways is that candidate be within 18-30 years and those from OBC and SC/ST category can get three years and five years upper age relaxation. You will have to clear entrance examination conducted by Railway Recruitment Board for getting job of TTE in railways. Entrance exam consists of objective questions from aptitude, general knowledge and awareness, verbal reasoning and English.
30th July 2016, 05:10 PM
ealpvinoth

Yes, You cannot apply for Humanities subject but you have to apply for Non Technical jobs in Indian Railways. First you have to complete your degree then only you are eligible to apply for the Degree post in Indian Railways.
If you want into Indian Railways after completing your 12th then you have to apply for Apprentice and register for it. Once you complete this Apprentice, you have to wait for the time till your turn comes.
30th July 2016, 10:28 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

On the basis of 12th you can apply for these job profiles in railway after qualifying exam:

Ticket Collector

Clerk

Ticket Examiner

Group C and Group D posts

And if you want to apply for class 1 posts in railway then you have to complete your graduation in any discipline from recognised University with at least 55% marks.
16th November 2019, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

I'm 40 plus and 12 pass ,i want government job pls give me a proper guidance that which exam i want to do and which study i want to do
27th June 2020, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

I am 12th passout student with humanities can i apply for indian railways
1st July 2021, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

I completed 12 humanities I have to get job in railway in A Category so what I have to study??
15th June 2022, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

What is the work of ticket collector , ticket examiner and the clerk in the railway??
Is the ticket collector and the examiner are same or there is any difference.if there is any difference explain??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?