7th February 2017, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

Which type of post an Arts graduate can get in Indian Railway? How to prepare for it?

Hello sir, I have completed graduation with Art stream and want to get a job in Indian Railway. Which type of post I can get in Indian Railway? How to prepare for that post?

8th February 2017, 05:57 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which type of post an Arts graduate can get in Indian Railway? How to prepare for it?

You have completed your graduation degree and want to get job in Indian Railway. You are interested to know about the type of post you can get in Indian Railway. Following are the list of posts:

>>Assistant Station Master

>>Traffic Apprentice

>>Commercial Apprentice

>>Goods Guard

>>Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk

**The common Computer Based Test (CBT) exam conducted by Railway consists of questions related to quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and General Awareness. So you have to start preparing for these sections from standard books. If you still have any doubt or want to know about the grade pay, exam pattern for these posts then you can go through the below attachment to get more details.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CEN_03_2015.pdf(22.47 MB, 391 views)
8th February 2017, 11:48 PM
ramanishita
Junior Member+

Smile Re: Which type of post an Arts graduate can get in Indian Railway? How to prepare for it?

Dear candidate,

You mentioned that you are an Arts graduate. You can get any type of job in Railway. To get a job in railway, you must start preparation for online exam which is conducted by Indian railway personally.

Various types of posts are available in railway:

1. Indian railway recruits 10th passed candidates through RRB group D,
For preparing this exam you should practice mathematics, general knowledge, current affairs, reasoning,general science.

2. Indian railway recruits graduate candidates in various types of non technical posts through Rrb Ntpc exam

3. Indian railway recruits engineers in Junior engineer post and senior section engineer post through online exam.

I hope it'll help you.
9th February 2017, 11:13 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which type of post an Arts graduate can get in Indian Railway? How to prepare for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I have completed graduation with Art stream and want to get a job in Indian Railway. Which type of post I can get in Indian Railway? How to prepare for that post?
As an Arts student, you can apply for Indian Railway in Group D post.

those candidates who have completed 10th standard from a recognized board are eligible for Railway Group D exam.

Your age should be above 16 years.

Below given books are good for Railway group D exam. So you can prepare well on below given books.

RRC Railway Recruitment Cell: Gangman / Trackman Khalasi Helper - II Group 'D' Examinations 1st Edition
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan (2008)

Indian Railways Group 'D' Recruitment Exam Guide
Author: RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House
3rd March 2017, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my MA Economics and what is the post that I can get and what is the procedure to apply? Please help me out on this
4th August 2018, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

I am student of science and done my graduation in Zoology. In class 12 I only had biology physics and chemistry as my core subject but did not have maths .Will i able to give group c exam in railway
22nd August 2018, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

After graduation in arts can get post in group B and C in Indian Railways
9th August 2020, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed my BA from arts .so can I apply in group C in railway . And can u clearyfy what are all the post in group C ?
31st May 2022, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

Arts graduate student can apply group d which post?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?