23rd July 2014, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

How an Income tax Officer can become Indian Revenue Service Officer?

How Income Tax Officer become Indian Revenue Service Officer? I mean how cana IT Office become and Revenuw officer can someone explain me?

Related Questions:
  1. When an Income Tax Officer become Indian Revenue Service Officer? Higher level of promotion for Income Tax Inspector?
  2. Information regarding Entrance Exam and Procedure to become Income Tax Officer?
  3. How to become an income tax officer after completing B.Com?
  4. Whether B.Sc(IT) pursuing candidate is eligible to apply for Income Tax Officer entrance exam?
  5. How to take profession of Income Tax officer after pursuing CA?
  6. From where to get Income Tax Officer form? How to fill up the form and how to become an Income Tax Officer? What about preparation?
  7. Procedure to become an Income Tax Officer for B.Com student?
  8. Required Eligibility criteria to become Income Tax Officer? When will be the date of Exam for this?
  9. What are the vacancies for income tax/sales tax officer
  10. Difference between Syllabus of Income Tax Officer and Sales Tax Officer? From where do I need to start the preparation?
  11. How can I apply for income tax/sales tax officer?
  12. Eligibility criteria for Income Tax Officer? Date of exam for Income Tax Officer?
  13. How to become an Income Tax Officer? How should I prepare for Income Tax
  14. Detailed information about Custom Officer, Income Tax Officer and Excise Officer exams?
  15. Procedure to become Custom Officer and Income Tax officer?
  16. Is my height of 155cm be considerable for Income Tax Officer or for any other post in Income Tax Department?
  17. Eligibility for becoming an Income Tax Officer? Procedure to apply for the course? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. How to become an income tax officer after completing bachelors degree?
14th September 2014, 09:53 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How an Income tax Officer can become Indian Revenue Service Officer?

Income Tax Officer and Revenue Officer are two different level posts. You can't become revenue officer from the post of income tax officer.

For revenue officer post you have to crack Civil Service exam, which is conducted by UPSC and for Income tax officer post, you have to crack Combined Graduate level exam, which is conducted by Staff selection commission.

I don't think so that a Income tax officer can be promoted to the level of revenue officer which is a higher post. Without clearing exam one can't become a revenue officer. Income Tax officers are recruited in a pay scale and they can't be promoted to a higher pay scale which is altogether a different post.
14th September 2014, 09:55 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How an Income tax Officer can become Indian Revenue Service Officer?

Income Tax Officer and Revenue Officer are two different level posts. You can't become revenue officer from the post of income tax officer.

For revenue officer post you have to crack Civil Service exam, which is conducted by UPSC and for Income tax officer post, you have to crack Combined Graduate level exam, which is conducted by Staff selection commission.

I don't think so that a Income tax officer can be promoted to the level of revenue officer which is a higher post. Without clearing exam one can't become a revenue officer. Income Tax officers are recruited in a pay scale and they can't be promoted to a higher pay scale which is altogether a different post.
26th September 2015, 04:13 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

One can become Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer through Civil Services Exam. UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts civil services exam to make recruitment in the posts like IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS. IRS officer is the fourth most respected of Civil Services after IAS, IPS,IFS .

IRS stands for Indian Revenue Services .

The eligibility criteria to appear in the Civil Services exam are as under :-

-The candidate must be an Indian .

-The candidate must have passed graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.The candidate appearing for the final year of their degree can also apply for Preliminary exam .

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 32 years . The upper age limit is relaxed for OBC candidate by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates .

The selection process involves of

* Preliminary Exam

* Main exam

* Personality Interview.

The notification for the exam is published in the Employment news / Rozgar Samachar and in some leading newspapers of the country in the month of December .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?