16th June 2016, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

How many promotions are needed to become Assistant Commissioner of Income Tax for an Income Tax Inspector (ITI)?

Hi sir, If I am posted as an ITI (Income Tax Inspector) then how many promotions are actually needed to become “Assistant Commissioner”of Income Tax? What are the high level promotions after Income Tax Inspector?

22nd June 2016, 07:19 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many promotions are needed to become Assistant Commissioner of Income Tax for an Income Tax Inspector (ITI)?

One appointed as Income Tax Inspector get their first promotion of Income Tax Officer (ITO) in around 4-6 years. ITO is a Group – B Gazetted post with the Grade Pay of Rs. 4800/-. The second promotion is to the Assistant Commissioner of Income Tax which generally takes time of around 10-12 years.

After that,next promotions from this post would be of Deputy Commissioner of Income Tax (D.C.I.T.), Joint Commissioner of Income Tax ( J.C.I.T.), Additional Commissioner of Income Tax ( A.D.C.I.T.) and so on.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?