18th July 2017, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

How one can become a Railway Engine Driver?

Hello Sir, I don’t know who are you but I am respected you sir my name is nirmal sathyanath in Nashik road, Jail road Maharashtra. Sir, my birth place is Thalasseri in Kerala. Can you help me sir in June 2017 15 result of SSC I don’t know which subject or course. I have taken. I have to become an Indian railway engine driver, loco pilot. Please help me, my Facebook name is Nirmal Sathyanath my whatsapp numbers is 7378724524. Please help me.

19th July 2017, 08:47 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How one can become a Railway Engine Driver?

In order to become a railway engine driver you should have completed your 10th standard with IIT qualification in specific trades. You can also apply for the post after completing your 12th standard also with diploma in automobile/mechanical/electrical/electronics engineering etc. With this qualification you have to apply for RRB entrance examination fir which the age limit is 18 to 30 years and age relaxation is applicable for the reserved category candidates.

If you get qualified then you will be appointed as an assistant loco pilot after getting experienced you can become an engine driver.
20th July 2017, 01:22 AM
ranu shahi

Procedure to become a loco pilot:-
1. Check out advertisements by railway recruitment boards for Assistant Loco Pilot in news papers and apply for it.
2. You have to write a written test.
3. After qualifying written test, you have to undergo a psychological test.
4. And if you will successfully qualify this test then you have to undergo training for six months.
5. After gaining experience of few years and qualifying departmental examination you will become a loco pilot.

Eligibility criteria for loco pilot:-
Completed an ITI in Electrical, Mechanical or related trade or any diploma course in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
Age limit:- 18 years to 28 years.
20th July 2017, 12:43 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I don’t know who are you but I am respected you sir my name is nirmal sathyanath in Nashik road, Jail road Maharashtra. Sir, my birth place is Thalasseri in Kerala. Can you help me sir in June 2017 15 result of SSC I don’t know which subject or course. I have taken. I have to become an Indian railway engine driver, loco pilot. Please help me, my Facebook name is Nirmal Sathyanath my whatsapp numbers is 7378724524. Please help me.

Eligibility to become a Railway Engine Driver or Assistant Loco Pilot is as follows: ITI recognized by NCVT/SCVT or Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Automobile Engineering recognized by AICTE or higher qualification.
Candidates are selected for the Assistant Loco Pilot post in Indian Railways through a Written Examination followed by an Aptitude Test and Document Verification. Those candidates who have with the above mentioned qualification can apply for the Assistant Loco Pilot post through online. Candidates can find the vacancies on the RRB website or in the employment newspaper. The RRB website link is Click Here
20th July 2017, 10:04 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need to apply for Loco Pilot post in Indian Railways to become an engine driver. You need to have diploma qualification in concerned field to become eligible for it.

Selection will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and skill test conducted by Indian Railways.
21st July 2017, 10:12 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Eligibility to become a driver in Railways-

A candidate must be 10th passed along with ITI certification course in specified trades.

Minimum age of candidate must be 18 years and maximum 30 years.

One has to apply for competitive exam held for the job whenever declared by any of the 17s RRBs of different zones in the Indian Railways.
After clearing the exam one has to do training. After that you will become a good driver.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?