15th January 2017, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an Engine Driver in the Indian Railways? What is the eligibility criteria required to become an Engine Driver?

Respected Sir, I want to become an Engine Driver after completing class 12th so I want to know how can I become an Engine Driver in the Indian Railways? What is the eligibility criteria required to become an Engine Driver? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the Procedure to become an Engine Driver in the Indian Railways? In which exam do I have to appear?
  2. How can I get a job of Engine driver in the Indian Railways after completing B.Sc IT? Which exam do I need to appear?
  3. How much should I score in the entrance exam to become an Engine Driver in the Indian Railways?
  4. How to can I become an engine driver in Indian Railways? I have completed 12th standard with 92%
  5. What steps should I follow after completing B.Sc scoring 55% marks to become an Engine Driver in the Indian Railways?
  6. Procedure to become a railway engine driver?
  7. Procedure to become an engine driver in Indian Railways after completion of 10th standard? -- [Most Discussed] -- [New]
  8. Am I eligible to become an engine driver after completion of 12th standard?
  9. What is the eligibility criteria required to become a Train Engine Driver (Loco Pilot)?
  10. How can I become an engine driver after class 12th?
  11. Can I apply for Railway engine driver after scoring 93% marks in Intermediate?
  12. What is the Category of an Engine Driver in the Indian Railways? Is it Class 3 or class 4?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for Engine Driver Post in the Indian Railways after completing Diploma in Electronics and Communications?
  14. Which course should I pursue to become an Indian Railway engine driver?
  15. Is b.com degree is useful to get railway engine driver job? What is the procedure followed to get the job in Railways?
  16. What is the procedure to become an Engine Driver (Loco Pilot) in the Indian Railway?
  17. Am I capable of being an Engine Driver after Mechanical engineering?
  18. How can I become an Engine Driver (Loco Pilot) in the Indian Railway? Which exam do I have to appear for?
17th January 2017, 01:51 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an Engine Driver in the Indian Railways? What is the eligibility criteria required to become an Engine Driver?

In order to become an engine driver you should have have completed 10th/12th standard from a recognized board and should have also possessed ITI qualification in specific trades or diploma in mechanical/electrical/automobile/electronics engineering. Your age should be in between 18 to 30 years. For SC/ST candidates the age limit is relaxed by 5 years and for OBC candidates it is 3 years.

With this eligibility you have to appear for Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) examination. After qualifying the examination you will be appointed as an assistant loco pilot and after gaining proper experience you will be promoted to engine driver's position.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?