1st May 2015, 04:36 AM
Unregistered

How is it possible to give Indian Foreign Service exam from Australia?

Can i give indian foreign service exam from australia? I am Indian but living in the country of australia tell me how is it possible?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the job of Indian Foreign Service Officer? What is the syllabus and which are the scoring subjects?
  2. Indian Foreign Service- Examination
  3. What is IFS stands for? In which service I will get work after qualifying in UPSC exam, Forest or Foreign?
  4. List of the coaching classes in Maharashtra for Indian Foreign Service exam?
  5. Detailed information about job specification of Indian Foreign Service for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 1st year candidate?
  6. Any good coaching centers for IFS in Hyderabad? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How can I appear in Indian Foreign Service exam? Reference books for the preparation? Does IFS conducts Preliminary exam?
  8. Eligibility to appear in Indian Foreign Service exam for B.Sc(Computer Science) student?
  9. Eligibility to appear in Indian Foreign Service exam for Bachelor of Arts student?
  10. How can I prepare to qualify in Indian Foreign Service exam?
  11. Detailed information and eligibility to appear in Indian Foreign Service exam for B.Com graduate?
  12. Reference books for preparation of Indian Foreign Service exam?
  13. Whether a B.Tech student is eligible to apply for Indian Foreign Service with Metallurgical Engineering subject?
  14. B.Tech student is eligible to apply for Indian Foreign Service with Metallurgical Engineering subject?
  15. Detailed information and eligibility to appear in Indian Foreign Service exam?
  16. Procedure and benefits to join Indian Foreign Service for B.Tech(ECE) student?
  17. What kind of job is offered in Indian Foreign Service?
  18. Which exam do I need to crack for Indian Foreign Service?
4th May 2015, 11:36 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How is it possible to give Indian Foreign Service exam from Australia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can i give indian foreign service exam from australia? I am Indian but living in the country of australia tell me how is it possible?

Yeah you can apply for the Indian foreign service from Australia but only on the condition that you should have a citizenship in India. The nationality standard needed for the exam states that the candidate should have a citizenship in India.

The other criteria's include such as :
  • Age limit
  • Educational qualification

# The age limit needed is 21-30 years for general category candidate.

# For OBC candidate it is 21-33 years and for SC/ST it is 21-35 years.

# Educational qualification needed for the exam is candidate should have completed a degree from a recognized university in any stream.

# Even final year appearing candidate can apply for the IFS exam.

The procedure of applying for the exam is that you can get the form for IFS exam at http://www.upsconline.nic.in. You can download the form and follow the procedure for applying. To know more about the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
5th May 2015, 03:29 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: How is it possible to give Indian Foreign Service exam from Australia?

As per the eligibility norms, a candidate belonging to India is eligible to apply for this examination and you are an Indian national but still living in Australia and want to appear for this examination so I would like to inform you that IFoS Service Examination is conducted only one following centers according to official notification given by UPSC board.

>> Agartala >> Gurgaon >> Noida
>> Ahmedabad >> Gwalior >> Panji
>> Aizwal >> Hyderabad >> Patna
>> Allahabad >> Imphal >> Port Blair
>> Aurangabad >> Itanagar >> Pudducherry
>> Bangalore >> Jabalpur >> Pune
>> Bareilly >> Jaipur >> Raipur
>> Bhopal >> Jammu >> Ranchi
>> Chandigarh >> Jodhpur >> Sambalpur
>> Chennai >> Jorhat >> Shillong
>> Coimbatore >> Kochi >> Shimla
>> Cuttack >> Kohima >> Shrinagar
>> Dehradun >> Kolkata >> Thane
>> Delhi >> Kozhikode >> Thiruvananthapuram
>> Dharwad >> Calicut >> Tirupati
>> Dispur >> Lucknow >> Udaipur
>> Faridabad >> Madurai >> Varansi
>> Gangtok >> Mumbai >> Vijayvada
>> Gaziabad >> Nagpur >> Vishakhapatnam
>> Gorakhpur >> Navi Mumbai

So these are the center of examination at which, Indian Forest Service examination is conducted every year so you need to know the point that while being in Australia, you can not appear for Indian Forest Service examination in Australia because there is no such facility made available by the UPSC board that a Indian National candidate can appear for exam in any country that is why you need to apply from India and appear for exam only in India at fix exam centers available above.

Indian forest service examination has following selection procedure which is necessary to qualify for every single candidate.

Preliminary Examination : Two papers in objective type pattern for 400 marks and candidates declared qualified in this test will be eligible for mains exam.

Mains Examination : Mains examination will be conducted in Conventional type pattern which has following papers :

Paper I - General Knowledge - 300 marks.
Paper II - General English - 300 marks.
Paper III, IV, V and VI are based on two subjects which are selected by the candidate as optional subjects so each subject contains two papers and each paper has 200 marks.

Total 1400 marks in mains examination and candidates qualified in mains will be asked to appear for interview process.

Interview process is consist of 300 marks and qualifying in interview is necessary to become Indian Forest Service Officer.
6th May 2015, 12:31 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Indian foreign service is the service which is allotted after taking the civil services examination, which is conducted by the upsc every year.
For applying in the civil services examination, you need to be a citizen of India. You can fill your form from Australia but you have to come to India for taking the examination.
The examination is held in preliminary, mains and interview stages. If you clear all three stages, then you're allotted with the post.
This year's examination will be held in the month of august and the forms would be available in the month of May.
The official website of upsc is
Www.upsc.gov.in
11th May 2015, 12:37 AM
ytiwari6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You can Fill application from UPSC website online, but finally if you want to write the exam you have to come to India. And candidate has to be citizen of India from birth.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?