9th March 2015, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

Procedure and benefits to join Indian Foreign Service for B.Tech(ECE) student?

Hello,
How can I get into Indian Foreign Service
after finishing my B.Tech(EEE)?
What are the procedures for it?
What benefit I get after joining?

13th March 2015, 08:29 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure and benefits to join Indian Foreign Service for B.Tech(ECE) student?

Indian Foreign Service examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year. To become as IFS officer, you need to crack the Civil Service Examination. Civil Service Examination is one of the prestigious exam in India. To apply for this examination, you should have qualified degree course in any desire subject from a recognized University or equivalent qualification. Your age should be between 21 years to 32 years at the time appearing for this examination.

Those who have appeared or appearing for degree examination are also eligible to apply. No percentage bar is there to apply. The selection process consist of Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Personal Interview. The notification is not yet released. You can expect the notification in the month of June/July in the official website of UPSC. After successfully clearing this examination, your position will be Ambassador, High Commissioner, Counsel general and foreign secretary. More details, visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
14th April 2015, 10:18 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure and benefits to join Indian Foreign Service for B.Tech(ECE) student?

Dear definitely you are eligible to apply for Indian Forest services with your qualification through UPSC. UPSC conducts Civil services once in a year and Actually the eligibility criteria for IFS is same as Civil's Examination.

Eligibility :

-- You must complete the graduation from the recognized university.

-- Age should be in between 21 to 32 years

-- Final year students can also eligible to apply for IFS.

Benefits through IFS :

You will become secretary through IFS from the initial level of third secretary. And also you start you career from the below stages of rank and structure .

1. Third secretary

2.Second Secretary

3.First secretary

4. Counselor

5. Deputy Permanent representative

6. Deputy Secretary

7.Joint Secretary

8.Secretary.
15th April 2015, 02:28 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria to join Indian Foreign Service are as under:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate must posses a degree from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.The candidates who are in the final year of a degree course can also appear in the preliminary exam conducted by UPSC.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years.There is age relaxation for OBC candidate by 3 years and SC/ST candidates by 5 years.The upper age limit is also relaxed in favor Defense Services Personnel.

-The candidate must be honest, extrovert, dynamic and dedicated people with a high sense of morality, integrity and love for the country. Leadership qualities and communication skills are also essential to be in this field. One must also be aware of national and international affairs.

-IFS exam procedure consists of

* Preliminary examination

* Main examination

* Medical test

*Personality Interview.

The posts which are available after clearance of IFS exam are

Ambassador, High Commissioner, Counsel general, foreign secretary, Deputy

Secretary, Joint Secretary etc..
20th October 2017, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

I am A third year B.E- ECE student of Tamilnadu, Anna university, I am eager to know my job opportunity after my degree completion and salary ranges too...Can I ??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?