23rd April 2015, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

Detailed information about job specification of Indian Foreign Service for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 1st year candidate?

Hello Sir,
I am Bhaskar Singh Sishodia, a student of B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) first year. I want to join the Indian Foreign Service, but I don't know about it that what is the work or what is the purpose of this post. Please give me information about this service.
Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. What is the job of Indian Foreign Service Officer? What is the syllabus and which are the scoring subjects?
  2. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in Indian Engineering Service for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 2nd year candidate?
  3. Detailed information about Indian Administrative Service? Is this a most respectable Government job?
  4. Detailed information and eligibility to appear in Indian Foreign Service exam for B.Com graduate?
  5. Detailed information and eligibility to appear in Indian Foreign Service exam?
  6. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in Indian Foreign Service recruitment for B.E.(EEE) graduate?
  7. Procedure to join Indian Foreign Service for B.Tech candidate?
  8. Eligibility criteria and relaxation to apply in Indian Foreign Service exam for ST candidate who has completed B.Tech?
  9. What kind of job is offered in Indian Foreign Service?
  10. B.Tech student is eligible to apply for Indian Foreign Service with Metallurgical Engineering subject?
  11. Whether a B.Tech student is eligible to apply for Indian Foreign Service with Metallurgical Engineering subject?
  12. Detailed information and procedure to apply in Indian Statistical Service exam for B.Stats candidate?
  13. Detailed information about Indian Engineering Service?
  14. Minimum qualification required for IAS
  15. What is the job specification and specialization of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
  16. Which Optional subjects I should select to clear IFS Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of Engineering course?
  17. What should I do to get Job in Indian Railway being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering? Which Exams I have to appear for this? Where can I get good Information regarding this? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. How to get admission in a good Indian and Foreign University after B.Tech?
26th April 2015, 04:23 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information about job specification of Indian Foreign Service for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 1st year candidate?

Dear without completion of graduation you are not eligible to apply for Indian Foreign Services Examination. If you are interested to enter in to the field of IFS then you must complete graduation first there by you will get a chance to write an exam like Civil's.

Through Civil's examination you can become a IAS, IPS and IFS (Indian Foreign Services ) not Indian Forest Services. More over you have to get a good score in Civil's to get a rank in IFS Post.

Thus you can select your career in IFS. And here we are providing you the functions or duties of Indian Foreign Officer.

Functions/duties of IFS officer :

1.Project the following issues like Political, Bilateral, Economic Cooperation ,Culture and interaction and Investment Promotion etc.,

2.Extending the Consular facilities to foreigners

3.Protecting Indian Interests in abroad

4.Act as a Mediator for National and Foreigners.
16th June 2015, 12:59 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information about job specification of Indian Foreign Service for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 1st year candidate?

UPSC conducts civil services exam to make recruitment in the Indian Foreign Service .

The eligibility criteria to join Indian Foreign Service are as under:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate must posses a degree from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.The candidates who are in the final year of a degree course can also appear in the preliminary exam conducted by UPSC.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years.There is age relaxation for OBC candidate by 3 years and SC/ST candidates by 5 years.The upper age limit is also relaxed in favor Defense Services Personnel.

-IFS exam procedure consists of

* Preliminary examination

* Main examination

* Medical test

*Personality Interview.

-The candidate must be honest, extrovert, dynamic and dedicated people with a high sense of morality, integrity and love for the country. Leadership qualities and communication skills are also essential to be in this field. One must also be aware of national and international affairs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?