9th March 2015, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information and eligibility to appear in Indian Foreign Service exam for B.Com graduate?

Hello,
I have just finished my B.Com.
I want to write my Indian Foreign Service exam.
I want to know my eligibility of this exam?
And tell me all the relevant details immediately.

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information and eligibility to appear in Indian Foreign Service exam?
  2. Eligibility criteria and relaxation to apply in Indian Foreign Service exam for ST candidate who has completed B.Tech? -- [New]
  3. Eligibility to appear in Indian Foreign Service exam for B.Sc(Computer Science) student?
  4. Eligibility to appear in Indian Foreign Service exam for Bachelor of Arts student?
  5. Detailed information and eligibility criteria of Indian Statistical Service exam?
  6. What is the eligibility for Indian Foreign Service exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. What is the job of Indian Foreign Service Officer? What is the syllabus and which are the scoring subjects?
  8. Indian Foreign Service- Examination
  9. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in Indian Forest Service exam for B.E.(ECE) final year student?
  10. What is IFS stands for? In which service I will get work after qualifying in UPSC exam, Forest or Foreign?
  11. Any good coaching centers for IFS in Hyderabad?
  12. How can I appear in Indian Foreign Service exam? Reference books for the preparation? Does IFS conducts Preliminary exam?
  13. How can I prepare to qualify in Indian Foreign Service exam?
  14. Reference books for preparation of Indian Foreign Service exam?
  15. Whether a B.Tech student is eligible to apply for Indian Foreign Service with Metallurgical Engineering subject?
  16. B.Tech student is eligible to apply for Indian Foreign Service with Metallurgical Engineering subject?
  17. Detailed information, eligibility criteria and procedure to apply for Scholarship? Whether scholarship is only for students of Indian institutes?
  18. Procedure and benefits to join Indian Foreign Service for B.Tech(ECE) student?
10th March 2015, 08:46 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Detailed information and eligibility to appear in Indian Foreign Service exam for B.Com graduate?

Indian Foreign Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year. 2015 notification is not yet released. You can expect the notification in the month of June/July in the official website of UPSC as well as employment news paper. To apply for this examination the candidate should have passed degree course from a recognized University or equivalent qualification. No percentage bar is there to apply.

Those who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also apply for this examination. The candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years at the time of appearing for this examination. Upper age limits is applicable for reserved categories. Selection Process of this examination is based on Preliminary Examination, Main Examination followed by Personal Interview. The application forms are received only online mode and there is no offline mode of application forms. More details, visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
10th March 2015, 09:55 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information and eligibility to appear in Indian Foreign Service exam for B.Com graduate?

Union Public Service Commission's (UPSC) Indian Foreign Service (IFS) details are given below.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be the citizen of India.

* Age limit is between 21 to 30 years. Age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3 years and for SC/ ST candidates is 5 years.

* Candidate should have Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized University.

* Leadership qualities and communication skills are also essential.

* One must be aware of International and national affairs.

* Candidate should Physically fit according to physical standards for Indian

APPLICATION :

You can apply for this examination in both online and offline mode.

Through Offline mode, you can buy the application form from the post office in any branch.

Through Online mode, you can download the applicaiton form from the official website of UPSC.

The examination fee for IFS exam is Rs.100 for General Candidates and free for SC/ ST Candidates.
10th March 2015, 10:11 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I have just finished my B.Com.
I want to write my Indian Foreign Service exam.
I want to know my eligibility of this exam?
And tell me all the relevant details immediately.
IFS stands for Indian Foreign Service exam. IFS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IFS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM 2015:-

Date of Notification:- 16.05.2015
Last date for receipt of applications:- 12.06.2015 (FRIDAY)
Date of commencement of Examination:- 23.08.2015 (SUNDAY)

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM 2015:-

Date of commencement of Examination:- 18.12.2015 (FRIDAY)

For more details about IFS exam please visit to the official website www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?