5th December 2015, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare and apply in Indian Navy with 84% in B.Tech?

Hello Everyone,
I am really interested in joining Indian Navy. I am a final year B.Tech Engineering student. I have 84% till now. So please give me the instruction for how to prepare and to apply the jobs in Indian Navy.

6th December 2015, 10:50 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to prepare and apply in Indian Navy with 84% in B.Tech?

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Navy as an Ofiicer. To join Navy you have to qualify in CDS examination.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Service and it is conducted by UPSC twice every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation from a recognised university.
Candidate graduation discipline and age vary for different stream as :-
Indian Navy ---19- 22 years and graduation with Mathematics and Physics as main paper.
Indian Air Force---19-23 years with graduation with Mathematics and Physics as main paper.
Indian Army ---19-24 years graduation in any discipline.

The examination is conducted in two stage and have to qualify in both stages for final selection. For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
Officer's Training Academy ---19-25 years with graduation in any discipline.
6th December 2015, 11:30 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Navy after B.tech course but have to qualify in CDS entrance examination.

CDS entrance examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year. The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates in different wings. The eligibility to appear for Navy wing is :-
* Candidate must have passed graduation with physics and mathematics as main paper or B.tech in any stream.
* Candidate age must be between 19-22 years.
* Only unmarried and physically fit.

So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in both written and SSB you are eligible to join the service. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
3rd June 2017, 09:56 AM
Unregistered

Hello everyone, I am a b.tech lateral entry student(final year). Am I eligible to join Indian navy after b.tech. If yes then what are procedure, syllabus and age limit and preferred books.
14th June 2017, 06:40 PM
Ezhil Gold Shelton N

Smile Re: How to prepare and apply in Indian Navy with 84% in B.Tech?

Hai friend,
After your graduation in B.tech with 84% of marks prepare well for the CDS examination conducted twice in a year, also there are various officer entry jobs in Indian navy for that you should need to prepare well for SSB interview after getting well thorough knowledge about this apply for them
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?